TLC 1997 TOYOTA FZJ80 LAND CRUISER $225K (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not to change the subject off of landcruisers but did anyone see how much Carrol Shelby personal Cobra sold for?
Yes I watched it cross the auction block in person, it was a little over 5 million at Mecum Kissimmee in 2021

Thats actually one of the ugliest 80s Ive ever seen :oops:

"Odd that after reading this thread I get this advertisement in my Google feed".

Not odd at all, that's how tracking bots work, Groo gal is "watching" everything we do online, including this forum. If you have an Android phone, that's owned by Groog al, watch a video on you tubbe, Gro gral again. Having a Groo gall feed is just making it easier for them to "feed" you.

Use Mozilla Firefox, a VPN, add on Privacy Possum or Privacy Badger to your browser to block at least some of the data mining, and dump the glu gal feed. (all mispellings on purpose).

FWIW

Those tires are so cute!

@OGBeno Great rant/perspective, as always. I think another point is this comes as an example of a community built around keeping old Cruisers running (true sustainability, moreso than any electronic car) from a place of passion and care, only to be commodified and marketed to rich people who don't want to do the work. TL;DR "bought not built." Lots of companies from FJCO (who do a wonderful job) to TLC/Icon, etc. make money off these VC tech bros with money to burn and immensely insecure personalities that in the same vein as Fight Club (the book, not the movie) have to latch their deflated ego (in the Jungian sense) to a product to feel complete.

This is pretty much true for most any product. We are passionate about Land Cruisers, true. But some folks just think they are cool for whatever reason and have the money to throw at a truck that is already built. If you have the money to throw a quarter million at a fun truck odds are you do not have the spare time to build one for yourself because you work all the time.

I go to a good amount of auctions and see all types of people spending large sums of money on cars and trucks that trip their trigger. They can not all be immensely insecure, can they? I have met more than a few that are buying a car or truck from their youth and now they have enough money to finally get one.

Thats actually one of the ugliest 80s Ive ever seen :oops:
You just made me look at it again, and I just realized it's got the Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer paint job from 20 years ago. Yuck.

$250k and I get a JVC headunit and cheap cast aluminum wheels?? I am sure there is a lot of work in the truck but I am calling that a $120k truck at most....
$120K!?

greta.gif

Thats $70K all day

They might be genius though. Slap stupid price on vehicle, goes viral, gets free advertising to their business. Some richy richy kid offers 100k and they sell it for double what they originally knew it was worth. Rich kid brags about the deal they got. All is well.
I think that's pretty much what this site is doing to drive traffic.
Posting a Banksy art pieces - but the link go off site Banksy's Crazy Horse Car Door - https://uncrate.com/banksys-crazy-horse-car-door/
or a Merc AMG-one 2024 Mercedes-AMG One - https://uncrate.com/2024-mercedes-amg-one/

I'm doing it for them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom