What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine is like that also. It's a 6/70 with power brakes.
When I tried to buy brake parts years ago, SOR swore my tub had been changed, then a coworker bought one with very low miles and showed it to me. His was also 6/70 with 7/70 brakes.

Our US spec also has a speed generator in line with the speedo cable which means I needed a 10" and 66" speedo cable. The hazard switch is a 7/70+ (plug is different in back from the red knob version). Our fender turn signal light plugs are 7/70+ with 2 bullet plugs, ground plug is not an open spade. So if anyone needs a set of NOS pre-6/70 signal set, I've got what you need :)

Last edited:
@Krenie What booster adapter did you use to keep from cutting the rib?
It was on the rig from at least three owners ago - I just cleaned off the surface rust and painted it. It looks like it is one that JT Outfitters used to sell in the pick below. Unlike the picture below, the three hole side was milled a bit above the two upper bolts to fit the stamped metal on the firewall.

A1DAFCDE-F69E-49BB-AB2E-C3FADC94CDDE.png

Looks like they may have an updated design now?:

Last edited:
Sandblasted and high-gloss epoxy coated the frame etc of my 1976 FJ40

Didn't take this one totally apart, but anyway wanted to have it all clean and of rust and protected again

20210101_090921.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, so bright! :cool:

I picked up some powder coated parts today. They may not be an exact match to the new OEM bumper in the photo but since they are all the same I am happy

View attachment 2521804

View attachment 2521805

View attachment 2521806
Catching up on this thread and saw this. I’m curious what you did to reinforce the factory bumper to suit a winch. Or is that custom fab’d? It looks amazing.

My OEM bumper was modified to fit an 8274 but I’ve doubted whether it’d handle a full stress pull.

Catching up on this thread and saw this. I’m curious what you did to reinforce the factory bumper to suit a winch. Or is that custom fab’d? It looks amazing.

My OEM bumper was modified to fit an 8274 but I’ve doubted whether it’d handle a full stress pull.
I bought a reinforcing kit from a MUD member that is selling them. I will see if I can find the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom