What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (75 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After pulling the PO's aftermarket Jensen deck out and covering the hole with some abs last week, it was time to move to the door panels. I went with the CCOT panels since I'm just cleaning up my 40 (no plans for a frame off, but who knows). The CCOT panels came with clips, but they were too short, so I reused the oem clips, although one was missing. All good though ... no more hideous Sony speakers to look at. Next up are Bilstein shocks and OME springs (pending delivery), and then maybe a little body work in the usual rusty spots.

IMG_1666.jpeg

IMG_1667.jpeg

Awesome! What is the overall height? Diameter of the turned surface for the air cleaner bore? Im looking at this for my 70F engine to keep my stock air cleaner over the 2300 style which would require an offset adapter. If the stackup height works out I can use the old school Man-A-Fre adapter I picked up.

I will be doing my initial fitment assessment hopefully by this weekend. Getting all the specs you requested. I’m very curious as well.

But going off the information available, all it should need is a taller spacer between it and the manifold. About 2” total should do it. They make the phenolic material that thick, aluminum is also an option.you could use the later heat shield with spacer built into it, then just add a 1 inch to that. I’m probably going to go with the later setup. The stock air cleaner is bolt on as far as I can tell. I’ll confirm soon...

I will be doing my initial fitment assessment hopefully by this weekend. Getting all the specs you requested. I’m very curious as well.

But going off the information available, all it should need is a taller spacer between it and the manifold. About 2” total should do it. They make the phenolic material that thick, aluminum is also an option.you could use the later heat shield with spacer built into it, then just add a 1 inch to that. I’m probably going to go with the later setup. The stock air cleaner is bolt on as far as I can tell. I’ll confirm soon...
Awesome, thank you! I am thinking this adapter I picked up was intended to do just that with the carb version. Looking forward to your updates
20475121-D5B0-40CA-87E7-1138FAF41635.jpeg

Saw this guy at work today. Anybody recognize the rig?
20201123_121923.jpg

20201123_121918.jpg

20201123_121912_015.jpg

I will be raising the body 1/2" for that reason. My hope is that I do not need to modify the transmission access cover. I will know by Saturday afternoon.

Any update? Have you thought about what lifting the steering column a 1/2" will do with the alignment to the steering box and linkage between the gas pedal and carburetor?

Any update? Have you thought about what lifting the steering column a 1/2" will do with the alignment to the steering box and linkage between the gas pedal and carburetor?
No and No. I am no longer strong enough to wrestle a transmission and TC into place without screwing something up.....sigh. Getting old is a bitch. My 2 son in-laws are coming over Friday morning to help me. As far as alignment...never crossed my mind. 1/2" vertically should not make that much difference should it?

Rough fit hinges with pins from SMG. View attachment 2504847
Figured out why they made the kick vents on the 40.... Removing them and sticking your hand through the hole seems to be the only way a person can get the top door hinge bolts started... they must have employed children prior to labor laws for this....

Thanks, one of my favorite parts about it

Minor hijack but, 30 years ago I was a 22 year old Roughneck on a Gary Drilling rig in the Bakersfield/Taft area. I think they are gone now but that 3 years taught me what real work was.

I just wish I could have shown up to the rig in that sweet mustard yellow 40 instead of the Delta 88 I had at the time. This isn't the one but a pretty close example.

1G3HY54CXJW417797.jpg

Found a loophole in my HOA’s by laws and added a few parking spots to the side of my garage for even more projects.

View attachment 2501762

View attachment 2501763
Nothing feels better than telling an HOA where to stick it.
Bingo!

🤷‍♂️

Long term goal is to move somewhere where I can’t see my neighbors.

I've not got an HOA to deal with per-say... Just have the By-Law enforcement officer. She was nice about it and likely better looking than the HOA officers. I felt concerns about what was visible from the street were fair enough (we were mid renos)... what pissed me off was that they even complained about a small pile of grass clippings that were under a bush beside the 6' high fence in the BACK YARD. If the neighbor keeps it up, I'm going to require him to tear down that fence he went and built on my property, and build it on his own... it's likely less than a foot, but he's a prize and I just want to be able to enjoy my backyard without looking over my shoulder.

It's a shame I've started collecting old Bush-cutters, Weed-eaters, and Leaf blowers to maintain my yard to his 1/2" long lawn standards... something very appealing about an 8" carbide blade, spun by a solid shaft, at very high RPM, by a 1.8 hp, two stroke engine on the end of a 6.5' long pole.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom