What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Was just roughing out maximum measurements for a c console. You and I are on same track here. Great to see what you've done it's a big help. Worked as a custom cabinet maker so I'm looking forward to incorporating some "euro" hardware in. Maybe soft glide cup holders below angled pocket shelves and a large deep illuminated center catch all. Do you have bellows pockets on yours? Or card slots? Last question your wife gotta sister?

IMG_6138.JPG
IMG_6141.JPG

Almost have the winch I got from @cspangler in the done column. Contemplating adding a second battery for it. Thinking I'll just spool up the old cable for now.

Finished building the overhead console for my 40... Holds a small amp, couple of speakers, radio, switches, a dome light and two volt meters. Here are a few pics:

35395703374_9dff0844b7_b.jpg

35617990264_c3dfe33b7a_b.jpg

35617990284_d7ffabf450_b.jpg

36315962641_bcb3e28707_b.jpg

Also added an extra fuse panel under the hood with a buss bar, main fuse, relay space, dual battery acr, etc...

35645377443_d985efac6a_b.jpg

36056104140_4cbfbc8b0e_b.jpg

The twisted multi-colored wires running from left to right are for future expansion...

Nice work on the console Jeff.

Finally built the T-case. Learned a few things as well, from what I've read being the t-case is a early 75 it still has the narrow idler gear. This had me stumped for a min., the kit came with the thin thrust washers. The left one is for the earlier models, one on the right is for later models.
DSCN1246.JPG
Still need to look and see what gear set I have, counted the teeth on all the gears and wrote it down.
DSCN1259.JPG
Really like the new flange from @cruiseroutfit cruiser outfitters. The dark ring around it is just grease where I was checking where the seal was going to land.
DSCN1255 (1).JPG

Some more new stuff from cruiser outfitters.
DSCN1300.JPG

She'll go on the trans. this evening.
DSCN1304.JPG

Built a tool to hold the flanges while your tightening the nut. I used some old driveshaft bolts, some angle, and an old knuckle race. Came back and added a piece of cold roll inside the angle, just to be safe.
DSCN1264 (1).JPG
Not bad for some old junk.
DSCN1272.JPG
Worked good.
DSCN1273 (1).JPG

Got her mounted, went pretty well. Blocked up the T-case and stabbed it with trans. Didn't get picks of that as it was a one man show.
DSCN1314.JPG

Got it done with out jacking up the seal.
DSCN1318.JPG

DSCN1322.JPG
I'll finish up the shifter linkage later today. Got to order a speedo gear for the bigger tires and that will be it.
And of course paint the bolts.
DSCN1324.JPG

started it up and breathed in the fumes for a bit. then closed the storage unit door and went home

Looking good mate, keep at it.

Thanks Michael, need to get everything done before it gets back. Been busier then I like, got Mom's Z-71 on the lifts she ran it low on fluid and smoked the trans. A 60 that needs a few things, and another yota that needs some brake work. Mom's trans. should be back tomorrow so it goes to the front of the line. Then things should settle down some.

Removed the "prototype" 4L60e transmission oil pan originally built to clear the stock Toyota FJ40 U-joint and slip yoke......

View attachment 1512827

.....and fabricated something a little more sanitary. I have changed to a Marlin Crawler long-spline slip yoke that makes this extra clearance largely unnecessary, but I want to be able to put my original drive shaft back in an emergency.

View attachment 1512829
I don't know if it will help but you can modify that tran to fit a Colorado pan and have a ton of clearance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom