What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Completed installation of the engine bay components. . . except for the horns. Those are still on the "need" list.

IMG_4472.jpg

Got her mounted, went pretty well. Blocked up the T-case and stabbed it with trans. Didn't get picks of that as it was a one man show.View attachment 1513965
Got it done with out jacking up the seal. View attachment 1513971
View attachment 1513984 I'll finish up the shifter linkage later today. Got to order a speedo gear for the bigger tires and that will be it.
And of course paint the bolts.View attachment 1513987

@gator25 did you paint your tcase or is that just polished? So shiny...

This is happening within the next week for me.

"Borrowed" this mounting idea from another MUD member. Traced the lower part of the hinge and the welding shop added a 1/2" bolt. Fits well and holds the jack securely by the right door. The nut has since been replaced by a locking knob from HiLift.
DSCN0363.JPG

Funny this was mentioned i was just gonna start a thread on where to mount mine!!

Funny this was mentioned i was just gonna start a thread on where to mount mine!!

Someone recently mounted using the 2 holes on the bumperettes. I'm thinking there or using the aftermarket brackets off the front of my tube bumper.

@gator25 did you paint your tcase or is that just polished? So shiny...

This is happening within the next week for me.

Rick, nothing fancy man. Used some old gas and scrubbed the piss out of it. I used some grease and wax remover to get the residue off with, then painted it with Duplicolor perfect match ford silver frost I think. O Reilly's has it.

Forest fire derailed plans to paint exterior today. My brother-in-law is a fire fighter and he was called to fight the Warm Springs fire last night. So today I decided to work getting the interior ready to paint. Removed seat brackets and gas tank. Wire wheeled rust under gas tank, it was not too bad. Also, treated area with Ospho to prevent rust coming back. Sanded everything and primed. Need to final sand and seal. Then both interior and exterior will be ready for paint. Also received new sun visors for the 40 today from Cityracer.
20170812_144309.jpg
20170812_105341.jpg
20170812_144246.jpg
20170812_144309.jpg
20170812_105341.jpg
20170812_144246.jpg
20170812_160526.jpg

Installed a fusible link, since the kwik wire harness I'm trying to sort through didn't have one. Also hooked my light switch up as Toyota intended - high beams and working dimmer switch, now that's luxury!
Next up, fun with the hazard switch. Thinking of going back to the Toyota flasher, rather than trying to jerry-rig rig the kwik wire flasher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom