What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (88 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@nigelsiam @Fj80oregon Hate to pile it on but I'll share mine as well, purchased November of last year, because I wish I had read these comments before I pulled the trigger. Like @SNLC said, pretty disappointed at this point after spending the money on them and thinking I was paying once to get it right the first time.

@Tuite did you happen to have any more pictures as you were modifying it? Looks like the legs are just an inch or so too long. These were the OPOR sliders, installing was okay for me, one u bolt had to attach at a slight angle and the front driver plate against the frame actually make contact with the floorboards of the rig, had to clearance it by maybe 1/4 inch. That could just be due to original body mounts.

View attachment 2644708View attachment 2644710View attachment 2644712
Wow, yeah, that's a horrible fit. WKOR fit snug under the rocker. I adjusted mine for 3/4" of clearance under the seam front to rear. Seemed pretty easy to adjust the gap based on U bolt tension.

Did you order those long so they'd function as a step? Not trying to be funny - just can't think of another reason to build sliders like that. 🤷‍♂️

PXL_20210414_041411979.jpg

PXL_20210414_041458959.jpg

Wow, yeah, that's a horrible fit. WKOR fit snug under the rocker. I adjusted mine for 3/4" of clearance under the seam front to rear. Seemed pretty easy to adjust the gap based on U bolt tension.

Did you order those long so they'd function as a step? Not trying to be funny - just can't think of another reason to build sliders like that.

Yeah exactly, they are going to be used to load kids into seats 98% of the time, but I smashed the stock running boards at Elbe orv park and the family needed replacements. They do seem to be very strong.

*Sorry no, not ordered long, they just have the one design. I'd describe them as a step slider.

Last edited:
@Tuite did you happen to have any more pictures as you were modifying it? Looks like the legs are just an inch or so too long. These were the OPOR sliders, installing was okay for me, one u bolt had to attach at a slight angle and the front driver plate against the frame actually make contact with the floorboards of the rig, had to clearance it by maybe 1/4 inch. That could just be due to original body mounts.
I basically cut the legs so they were even with the pinch weld and angled the slider up about 15°. For the cat skid I cut off the stubby tube leg and the vertical portion of the main plate. The small braces had to be cut off and repositioned. The pinch weld doglegs at the fender so I cut a notch out of the slider and flipped the piece I cut off then welded it in to make a concave boxed section. At that point I gave up while grinding the welds clean on the boxed notch because you can't see it really once it is mounted. I finished it up with a repaint of the modified areas with inadequate prep to make sure the paint would quickly flake off.
PXL_20210414_113008377.jpg
PXL_20210414_112741774.jpg
PXL_20210414_112843420.jpg
PXL_20210414_113116189.jpg
PXL_20210414_113304983.jpg

"Rob the jewelry store and tell 'em make me a grill". Grillz was a popular song in 2005 from Nelly Ft. Paul Wall.

He4c7b64465ce4d2192e5eee10d3b39c2P.jpg

Installed my grille from @kelly saad 's Land Cruiser Grilles.

20210408_195320.jpg

Raptor lined the background, and painted the front metallic black.

20210412_160436.jpg

Instructions were a little confusing, or could be my lack of reading comprehension 🤷🏽‍♂️. But once you do follow the directions, it's pretty easy lol.

20210414_072001.jpg

Last edited:
They do serve there purpose I’m sure! Maybe should be advertised as a sliders/step. They are definitely built well and every truck is different so install always takes a little extra effort. They look great from 10 feet but once you get close they could snug up quit a bit and still have the same performance.

I looked at again and try to see what i can do to improve the "looks". The way it sticks out lines up really well with the tires and flares so that seems appropriate. And having it as a step really helps with accessing the roof rack. I can get rid of that gap by cutting the short legs like mentioned here, but my kids and wife will probably hate me for it. I do agree that it looks better tucked up -- with a grinder and a welder in hand, it's just gonna be a matter of time :D

I looked at again and try to see what i can do to improve the "looks". The way it sticks out lines up really well with the tires and flares so that seems appropriate. And having it as a step really helps with accessing the roof rack. I can get rid of that gap by cutting the short legs like mentioned here, but my kids and wife will probably hate me for it. I do agree that it looks better tucked up -- with a grinder and a welder in hand, it's just gonna be a matter of time :D
Yeah - My wife (at 5'2") hates my sliders because they're so tight to the body she can't use them as a step. With 37s under the truck she has a hard time getting in.

In case anyone was wondering, you can most definitely install a Slee hitch into a @Delta VS bumper. The process to do so is pretty simple following the Slee instructions since Dave designed the Delta bumper with the intent of allowing folks to do just this. I used a sharpie to mark out a box around the 4 factory bolt holes in the rear cross member and then used a zip wheel and saw-zall to cut a rectangle out of the bumper shell and rear cross member. Apply some primer and black paint to the cut edges and then bolt it all together. The result is a nice and clean bumper, now with a super bomber hitch. Also works well with the @NLXTACY Wits' end OBA tank mount...tons of clearance.

1618507413475.png

1618507446180.png

1618507472444.png

1618507499681.png

1618507586676.png

1618507526787.png

1618507551649.png

Obviously not mine but DJI released their new Air 2S drone today and an 80 made the promo video

1618514768396.png

1618514936528.png

In case anyone was wondering, you can most definitely install a Slee hitch into a @Delta VS bumper. The process to do so is pretty simple following the Slee instructions since Dave designed the Delta bumper with the intent of allowing folks to do just this. I used a sharpie to mark out a box around the 4 factory bolt holes in the rear cross member and then used a zip wheel and saw-zall to cut a rectangle out of the bumper shell and rear cross member. Apply some primer and black paint to the cut edges and then bolt it all together. The result is a nice and clean bumper, now with a super bomber hitch. Also works well with the @NLXTACY Wits' end OBA tank mount...tons of clearance.

View attachment 2646298

View attachment 2646301

View attachment 2646303

View attachment 2646304

View attachment 2646307

View attachment 2646305

View attachment 2646306
There's some artwork there in your shots...

:cool:

Fit like total ass.

View attachment 2643742View attachment 2643744View attachment 2643745

I blew a day on these and lost over $500. MT lost a shop as a customer. I was going to cut the legs off and Fab my own but my time is valuable to me so just bought WKOR instead.

Totally lame.

Cheers
Troubling to see. Mine were installed by the PO. He put them through plenty of abuse. I've subsequently logged three trips on the Rubicon, and lots of other stuff. I would have recommended them to anyone.

It's been a few years though...

< Apparently, I bought this thing nine years ago :doh: >

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom