What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (117 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

went for a drive to the beach with a local 4x4 club, the 80 faired better than most in the dunes
20200216_110724.jpg
20200216_111036.jpg
20200216_115848.jpg
20200216_120130.jpg
20200216_125201.jpg

Replaced all 6 connectors for fuel injectors. Cut the first one up to see the latching mechanism. Once I saw it the other 5 took only 10 minutes. I coated the now hard wire seals with Dow Corning 4 to soften and try and create a seal :meh:

It has been a productive weekend and I was able to catch up on some much needed maintenance.

Front brakes replaced, wheel bearings adjusted, and installed a new Dobinsons 45mm lift on all 4 corners. Springs are C59-222V/C59-223V which are basically a stock height variable rate spring with extra load capacity for bumpers/armor etc. Ride is much smoother than the OME 861/862 springs they replaced.

I have to give a big shout out to @crikeymike at Exit Offroad. He answered all my questions real-time by PM, even taking the time to read the specs in my signature block to make sure what he was recommending would meet my expectations and intended use. I ordered late on a Friday afternoon, the suspension shipped out from Miami that night, and it was on my doorstep in NJ Monday AM. THAT is great customer service 👍. I have never ordered from Exit Offroad before, but they certainly won a new customer over. Did I mention the FREE air compressor that ships with all full suspension orders in February :). Couldn't be happier...

View attachment 2212903

The OME 861/862 stock height springs and FOX 2.0 shocks I took off. FREE to a good home if someone can use them. They are still plenty serviceable, my rig just got too heavy for them. The FOX hocks are rebuildable as well. Pickup only (located in central NJ), will not ship. Dirt is Fluid Film that I treat the bottom with each year.

View attachment 2212909
You got a pic of the profile with the springs installed? I have the C97-146VT and C97-147VT springs ready to go in. Got them from Crikey along with springs for my GX...good guy to deal with for sure.

You got a pic of the profile with the springs installed? I have the C97-146VT and C97-147VT springs ready to go in. Got them from Crikey along with springs for my GX...good guy to deal with for sure.

Dobinsons 45mm lift with 33" tires. I gained about an inch over the OME stock height springs but I expect that will settle back down once front and rear bumpers are added.

Dobinsons 45MM Lift.jpg

Last edited:
First camping trip of 2020. Really only a practice run to make sure I have all my kit ready. A few new additions including this Coleman oven. Could not believe how excellent this worked.
Next big(ish) trip is in 10 days.
20200215_180043.jpg

20200216_091409.jpg

20200216_092326.jpg

20200216_095512.jpg

Last edited:
Did the "Droopy Visor Repair" using Mr. Offshore's approach: (worked like a champ & really glad to have it done, it was driving me crazy)

Gave Rotella 15W-40 a try. So far so good.

I went to Brad Penn 20w50 (was going to use Rotella 15W-40, but I keep the BP for my other vehicles). I like the heavier weight - engine seems quieter, oil pressure seems higher on the gauge as well. I'd like to know how you like the Rotella, I believe its less expensive than the Brad Penn and it's an option for me.

Recently was having a sticky throttle pedal, so I ordered a new one from Riverview Toyota ( thank you @murf The install took about 30-40 minutes. The hardest part was getting the bolts started with the bracket. So I took the bracket out and said screw it. The difference the new throttle cable makes is night and day. With the new cable, the throttle is more responsive and now I need to learn how to drive the LC again LOL!!!

View attachment 2212765

View attachment 2212766

I need to do this. Do you have the part number?

It has been a productive weekend and I was able to catch up on some much needed maintenance.

Front brakes replaced, wheel bearings adjusted, and installed a new Dobinsons 45mm lift on all 4 corners. Springs are C59-222V/C59-223V which are basically a stock height variable rate spring with extra load capacity for bumpers/armor etc. Ride is much smoother than the OME 861/862 springs they replaced.

I have to give a big shout out to @crikeymike at Exit Offroad. He answered all my questions real-time by PM, even taking the time to read the specs in my signature block to make sure what he was recommending would meet my expectations and intended use. I ordered late on a Friday afternoon, the suspension shipped out from Miami that night, and it was on my doorstep in NJ Monday AM. THAT is great customer service 👍. I have never ordered from Exit Offroad before, but they certainly won a new customer over. Did I mention the FREE air compressor that ships with all full suspension orders in February :). Couldn't be happier...

View attachment 2212903

The OME 861/862 stock height springs and FOX 2.0 shocks I took off. FREE to a good home if someone can use them. They are still plenty serviceable, my rig just got too heavy for them. The FOX hocks are rebuildable as well. Pickup only (located in central NJ), will not ship. Dirt is Fluid Film that I treat the bottom with each year.

View attachment 2212909
How does it sit with the new lift?

150a intended for a 03-07 Seqouia, running it with the small @Photoman pulley. I think the Denso pn is 210-0538.
thats the exact setup Im running, works well.

Cleaned throttle body, before the throttle would close with a thud, now it closes with a snappy click. The amount of carbon build up on the plate edge was crazy. Sparkly clean now, well as sparkly as I am willing to go anyways :clap:

image.jpg

0EBD3908-DC35-494D-88DC-6DA2182232C6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom