What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (54 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TORE - Feb 2020_-11.jpg

Goofed around a bit at the local off-road park with the local club.

Ramoffroad-19.jpg
Ramoffroad-24.jpg

Last edited:
Added some cheap lights I got for Christmas. No they aren't fancy ridged ones or some other fancy brand. But in-laws got them for me for Christmas and I finally had a day off to do it. Even had a 4 year old helper. I wanted some more lighting for when I set up camp or hook up a trailer. Wiring isn't finished. But plan is for them to work when I am in reverse. But also on a switch. So I can use them when needed.

20200215_140657.jpg

20200215_161424.jpg

20200215_161452.jpg

It was a bad week - at the end of the day it rolled over on to the driver side. Good news is an LC is pretty good on its side except for fluid leakage. Once that is resolved, we will need to replace the DS mirror and the DS window. The mud all over the vehicle is from the fun stuff. The body damage seems limited to universal scratches, the DS front quarter panel and the DS fender flares. We have just started the debate to remove the flares altogether.

BTW - its not fun to climb out the passenger side door when it s sitting on its side.

IMG_2059.jpg

Posting on behalf of a friend who has an 80 series and was the first Toyota and the oldest SUV (94') to fully traverse the Empty Quarter (Rub Al Khali) from West to East. A full 1100km.

He was also the only one not to get stuck during the entire trip. Something much to the annoyance all the other lads.

cruiser.jpg

Instagram @beastpatrol4.8

Helped my brother install a winch on his 80. Still have to replace the fairlead with an offset one

AF27048D-1C7B-4410-8A46-37C66823A5DC.jpeg

Finally wrapped the interior in 6mm sound insulating material. Topped it all with a layer of rubber mat's. Reassembled the interior back again. Very satisfied with the results.

AND recieved a call of my Toyota dealer: My brand new Land Cruiser Prado 150 arrived. Going to pick it up next week hopefully.

Recently was having a sticky throttle pedal, so I ordered a new one from Riverview Toyota ( thank you @murf The install took about 30-40 minutes. The hardest part was getting the bolts started with the bracket. So I took the bracket out and said screw it. The difference the new throttle cable makes is night and day. With the new cable, the throttle is more responsive and now I need to learn how to drive the LC again LOL!!!

throttle cable 2.jpg

throttle cable.jpg

7C02DB8E-FC4A-4403-A9E5-D64AE5C4B4AB.jpeg

I’m biased, but she’s beautiful!​

Got a lot done today.

Delta Vehicle Systems hardware. Got the rear panhard bracket (not sure how I made it this far without one) And installed the lower control arms With new bushings. again, what a difference that makes.

Installed 3” OME heavies. She’s enjoying all the attention.
22E9AE37-C96F-4199-A52B-F89AB9EFB3E6.jpeg

5EFD7A90-5690-411E-B59D-F661BF1DC689.jpeg

4BA30312-703E-49D8-B22E-1DFC214BA486.jpeg

22E9AE37-C96F-4199-A52B-F89AB9EFB3E6.jpeg

3EC76B1E-F85F-49DD-B013-B4496E710266.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 2212796
I’m biased, but she’s beautiful!​

Got a lot done today.

Delta Vehicle Systems hardware. Got the rear panhard bracket (not sure how I made it this far without one) And installed the lower control arms With new bushings. again, what a difference that makes.

Installed

View attachment 2212612

View attachment 2212609

View attachment 2212610
View attachment 2212612

View attachment 2212611
Very nice looking setup! What lift are you running?

It has been a productive weekend and I was able to catch up on some much needed maintenance.

Front brakes replaced, wheel bearings adjusted, and installed a new Dobinsons 45mm lift on all 4 corners. Springs are C59-222V/C59-223V which are basically a stock height variable rate spring with extra load capacity for bumpers/armor etc. Ride is much smoother than the OME 861/862 springs they replaced.

I have to give a big shout out to @crikeymike at Exit Offroad. He answered all my questions real-time by PM, even taking the time to read the specs in my signature block to make sure what he was recommending would meet my expectations and intended use. I ordered late on a Friday afternoon, the suspension shipped out from Miami that night, and it was on my doorstep in NJ Monday AM. THAT is great customer service 👍. I have never ordered from Exit Offroad before, but they certainly won a new customer over. Did I mention the FREE air compressor that ships with all full suspension orders in February :). Couldn't be happier...

Dobinsons.jpg

The OME 861/862 stock height springs and FOX 2.0 shocks I took off. Glad to say these parts went on to live second lives in other MUD member’s trucks 😊.

OME 861-862 Fox.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom