What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (90 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

First time in Utah, out on the dunes at Sand Hollow State Park. Can't wait to go back!

Lots has been happening. It all started with needing reverse lights. So I started working with 12voltguy on a switch panel, thus came all the electrical mods... I now have interior winch controls, an accessory horn, tons of extra lights, and a center console fridge. Front & rear trail tailor HD recovery points have been installed (they don’t disappoint). Working on building rear storage right now for the scuba equipment but heres some days photos of what I have installed.

8C627177-BBA7-4C29-9E34-DD52D4F24AD0.jpeg

DD4E1520-3BC1-4959-A22C-9431FC233A1D.jpeg
0B2CE3F9-0DEE-492B-92B6-DBA9B406B12C.jpeg
A5645F78-05E8-4583-978F-10AEAC08D0A7.jpeg

3BCBF53B-E680-4D6D-9A03-E4575A4BDE06.jpeg

Update to my post earlier-I now have both blockoff plates ready to go on the intake and the head.

The egr port off of #6 in the exhaust manifold is filled in as well.

It’s finally warm enough to start banging the drivetrain back in too. That will have to wait for the drill weekend...

AE806B7C-7F21-4260-BBE3-163E32947EBC.jpeg

Lots going on at my place changed out all axles bearing Removed all ABS and wiring and tubing used witsend ABS delete kit as well sold rack and RTT to another mud memeber and ups is coming in from all over the world literally Shiites going on. Today is welding and then woodwork new TREs because as I always do trashed them doing front birfs got rid of 50in light bar and probably won’t do another an ALU CAB EXPO 3 Is inbound and I may get really wacky with it. And I installed ARP studs all around the OEM just never worked out for me. and Im thinking about drilling the hubs for 100 series dowels.
A56B146B-C365-4333-8C13-0BB355E006E3.jpeg
F5B76D15-CA6B-4725-92CB-BA86CC9F7A54.jpeg
A858EA35-17EB-4FC6-97C6-E94361A4BC2A.jpeg
7AB2C77D-01AB-412E-8A6B-7F98C1CBF1D4.jpeg

Lots has been happening. It all started with needing reverse lights. So I started working with 12voltguy on a switch panel, thus came all the electrical mods... I now have interior winch controls, an accessory horn, tons of extra lights, and a center console fridge. Front & rear trail tailor HD recovery points have been installed (they don’t disappoint). Working on building rear storage right now for the scuba equipment but heres some days photos of what I have installed.

View attachment 1945334
View attachment 1945338View attachment 1945339View attachment 1945337
View attachment 1945340
where did they install the bussman??

I’m about to get my bumper sand blasted and have some steel it ready to go on it. Never used it before but from reviews it looks and sounds pretty tough. Any insight you could give me before I start painting?
prep the shiite out of it, no finger prints wipe it down and spray it steel it has a decent spray pattern. BUT if you havent bought it yet, check out eastwood co. they make a 2 part expoy in a spray can that sprays from the can almost identical to my HVLP spray set up and its a catalyzed spray so its strong. Eastwood 2K Aerosol Paint - Automotive Aerosol Paint

Looks like the firewall, just above the brake booster. I'm considering the exact same setup and location to consolidate my 4x relays and fuse block under the hood. Nice setup!

Dissent had it right, I installed the box on the firewall drivers side.
Looks like the firewall, just above the brake booster. I'm considering the exact same setup and location to consolidate my 4x relays and fuse block under the hood. Nice setup!
Yep this! Thanks!

prep the shiite out of it, no finger prints wipe it down and spray it steel it has a decent spray pattern. BUT if you havent bought it yet, check out eastwood co. they make a 2 part expoy in a spray can that sprays from the can almost identical to my HVLP spray set up and its a catalyzed spray so its strong. Eastwood 2K Aerosol Paint - Automotive Aerosol Paint

I used some of this paint on my sliders. It was awesome. I plan on using this stuff for my future products. It has held up extremely well so far.

Not what I did this weekend but what I did this last week. I bought a 93 80 in California. I had the PPI done by Valley Hybrids and that's where I picked it up.
Driver's side view FZJ80.jpg

I then proceeded to drive from Stockton last Saturday at noon back to Dartmouth NS, I arrived at 10:30 PM last night. She never missed a beat for the 4100 miles! Managed to average 15 MPG at 67 MPH.

Myself and my son did the drive
IMG_1611.JPG

He usually drives a 99 CRV, he was a bit nervous at first driving a much larger rig, but soon settled into it and his remark was "I really like this machine, it is a lot of fun to drive!"

So hats off to Georg ay Valley Hybrids, and the crew there for all their help getting it ready for the drive.

Cheers!

Dissent had it right, I installed the box on the firewall drivers side.

Yep this! Thanks!
I installed mine right where cruise control used to be, gave me a perfect line to firewall and into dash

I used some of this paint on my sliders. It was awesome. I plan on using this stuff for my future products. It has held up extremely well so far.
I just did my side armour with it, thats a spot where I have to reapint ALL the time. so lets see how it holds up.

While chasing down a turn signal problem and what I thought was a flasher relay gone bad I decided to take care of some minor flash rust that no one will likely ever see - made me feel better about it though.

dash metal cover.jpg

dash metal cover 2.jpg

Also managed to break some bolts - waiting for another shipment from @beno :) Glad this happened at home and not on the road trying to change a tire. I am pretty sure the the shop that last took off the tire overtorqued the bolts or stripped them :(. Maybe not but this is the 1st time I've had trouble with them and its the 1st time since I put tires on it 9 years ago that a shop touched the wheels.

Wheel Studs.jpg

Wheel Studs 2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom