What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (83 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what happens when a .50cal meets an #80Series? I wouldn’t know. But you CAN see what happens when a cheap Walmart .22 ammo goes through the windshield 😳

This is a tale of Bubba (name changed to protect the dumb). Bubba had a crack in his windshield and was planning on changing out his windshield. Bubba thought it would be a stupendous idea to find out for sure how a .22 round would interact with the windshield. You know, for #RedneckScience

Turns out that the front windshield, some wet furni pad, some seats, a spare tire and the rear window wasn’t enough to slow the pure unadulterated energy of, YES a .22 round 😂🤣😂🤣 Anyone got a Toyota rear hatch glass they don’t need anymore? I know someone that could really use one 🤣😂

View attachment 1908778View attachment 1908779
cheaper to Google that "science". Literally more than 76k hits .22 vs windshield - Google Search

Thanks again @NLXTACY
It worked out great

I did front and rear hatch and hood struts, got them from Mcmaster carr, had to replace my belt tensioner it died and killed my belt

Been there once. I was in heaven lol.

We had a red eye flight so we had a few stops we wanted to make to kill some time. Had my fiancé and another couple with us so I didn’t think we’d spend much time looking around. Ended up staying for 2 hours. Fiancé even went back to the car to get the camera so I could take some decent pictures. Absolutely amazing collection

Had a real snow the other day and got to take the Cammo truck out for the first time in it. Only maybe 1/2" or so on untreated road and as soon as I hit the brakes the back end wanted to come around. Not sure if this was the road with just a coating of snow, the 37" KO2s or the rear bias is set too high with no ABS? The rear bias is set according to Dobi instructions with their extension bracket.

Didn't get a chance to get back out later and retest in deeper snow since I was clearing the driveway for a few hours.

Finally got sick of my mismatched tires and pulled the trigger. I waffled a lot about 33s or 35s or ATs or MTs. Finally decided to stick with 285 ATs for now. They do what I need and if I decide to go up later I should be able to recoup some cost. Anyway, pics!

Had a real snow the other day and got to take the Cammo truck out for the first time in it. Only maybe 1/2" or so on untreated road and as soon as I hit the brakes the back end wanted to come around. Not sure if this was the road with just a coating of snow, the 37" KO2s or the rear bias is set too high with no ABS? The rear bias is set according to Dobi instructions with their extension bracket.

Didn't get a chance to get back out later and retest in deeper snow since I was clearing the driveway for a few hours.

Did you have the lockers on? Downhill with a front locker will make the back end come around.

Thats a pretty dumb move on the windshield, he could have at least tried it from the inside out.

Try shooting safety glasses sometime, youd be surprised.
But with the utter stupidity actions blessed with room for intellectual growth, shown above I should elaborate, make sure no one is wearing the safety glasses when you shoot them. Actually maybe just don't involve yourself with bubba anymore
Fake news infiltrates Mud too.

Not my 80 series obviously, but I did get a chance to stop by the Land Cruiser Museum in Salt Lake City on a recent ski trip and man what a showroom! I suggest anyone that’s in the area take a minute and stop by

View attachment 1909400

Like the wheels, and graphics/paint on the museum piece

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom