Here we go again! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaDon

I am here
Threads
Website
good-times.webshots.com
I oughta just paint a big bullseye on my 80!

It was parked on the street in front of my house when someone in a green Subaru Forester ran into the back of it.:mad:

IMG_4695.JPG

Fortunately, my neighbor was out making a parts list for his '40 Ford, so he was able to get the license number and a description of the hit-and-run driver.

IMG_4696.JPG

Two other neighbors also heard/saw what happened and one of them ended up calling the police. When my wife came home from volunteering at the school library, she found the accident report on the windshield and the neighbors came to share their info. The officer had already cleaned up most of the debris, but there was still some laying around when my wife took these pictures.

IMG_4697.JPG

Now I wait and see what the damages add up to, and hopefully it will get me closer to a new custom bumper. :bounce:

Did it knock the mud off the bumper?

No, I took it through the car wash right after getting it muddy in the mall parking lot.:doh:

A few scratches on the end cap is all I see.

That end cap alone is over $300 just in parts.
Judging by the amount of debris that fell off his car it was a fairly hard impact, so the crossmember must be bent, and will need to be replaced. ;)

Hey, are you up for playing in the rock garden on Saturday?

We were getting home about 9:30 last night, when my wife said, "Isn't that a Subaru Forester parked in that driveway?"
I flipped around and drove by again, sure enough, it was the same car, license plate and everything. I called PD, an officer came out, looked at the report and asked a few questions.
After talking to me, he went and knocked on the door of the house, he said they didn't seem at all surprised to see him there asking about the damage to the front end of their car.
They gave him some story about being someplace in Tulare and hearing a crash at 4:00 in the morning, then coming out and finding the damage, but it was pretty obvious this was the car and driver.

So, at this point, it's still a waiting game to find out what the police and/or insurance company will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom