Builds Travis’s PNW LX570 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe I should move my PP bumps to the front location. Probably put on the other softer, taller set up front instead.

Do your new bump stops in the front location always touch the LCA?

Interesting. At a stop/static, mine only contact in L. A sliver off the LCA in N, and quite a bit of space in H.
The longer ones contacted in L and N, but had some space in H. I didn't notice a ride difference on the road from those. They did prevent me going into full L though (the MID would say no go), but I bet the actual height difference was only an 1/8" to 1/4" out of L.

Difference must be a bit of extra weight in your front end from the winch+bumper.

Interesting. At a stop/static, mine only contact in L. A sliver off the LCA in N, and quite a bit of space in H.
The longer ones contacted in L and N, but had some space in H. I didn't notice a ride difference on the road from those. They did prevent me going into full L though (the MID would say no go), but I bet the actual height difference was only an 1/8" to 1/4" out of L.

Difference must be a bit of extra weight in your front end from the winch+bumper.

Would concur on the weight likely being the reason. Truck takes a little longer to go into low but does fully squat.

Tuning suggestion. Really don't want bump stops to contact on the regular. They're not a great way to tune the suspension through normal travel. They will also get hot and may fail prematurely in harder off-road running. Best to let the real suspension do suspension work. And these serve as progressive bumps.

Tuning suggestion. Really don't want bump stops to contact on the regular. They're not a great way to tune the suspension through normal travel. They will also get hot and may fail prematurely in harder off-road running. Best to let the real suspension do suspension work. And these serve as progressive bumps.

Normally I would agree with you, especially if these were traditional rubber, non-progressive rate bumpstops designed for a lifted cruiser, but they are far from it. They are super progressive and claim to be AHC specific. I'll keep updating their condition and performance I get more miles on them. Luckily no high-speed offroading in Washington.

This week I put on a set Perry parts AHC-specific bump stops. Combined with the black spring rubbers, I feel like I’ve unlocked the ride I’ve been looking for.

View attachment 3325779View attachment 3325781
View attachment 3325780

The spring rubbers themselves were maybe a 50% improvement in dampening but I still had more rebound than I would like. These bump stops totally eliminated that and gave the front a nice progressive feel.

Highly recommended for a heavy LX.
Could you measure the height on these. I don't see the info on their site or options for different sizes. Am also a bit heavy and would like to lessen the harshness when bottoming out but would like them not to touch in N.

Could you measure the height on these. I don't see the info on their site or options for different sizes. Am also a bit heavy and would like to lessen the harshness when bottoming out but would like them not to touch in N.

I don't want to take them off again lol — I would DM perryparts, they are super responsive

I looked thru my build thread and guess I didn't measure the AHC front bumps either. I suggest a PM to @PerryParts

I don't want to take them off again lol — I would DM perryparts, they are super responsive
Sounds good thanks. Also meant to thank you for introducing/experimenting with the spring rubbers. Never new about those. The black ones really smoothed things out with bumper, winch and second battery all hanging out up front.

The springs are underworked it seems, add weight or lift, and they need a boost.
In the rear, thats easy enough airbags if loading/unloading, and any sort of packer if static.
In the front, what I like about the rubbers, is that they are dynamic response.
I am statically lifted up front, but were I to add weight, I would use some of these too.

Hey folks!

I’m stoked to see interest in our products on here. Thanks so much for your support.

Our AB4F’s designed for the LC200 with AHC are ~51mm tall from the mounting surface to the contact surface.

@grinchy confirmed for us that they don’t contact at N, and you’ll retain suspension travel in N.

You will touch them slightly in L, but they can take it.

Always happy to answer any other questions you have!

Patrick
Owner & Operator of PerryParts

Hey folks!

I’m stoked to see interest in our products on here. Thanks so much for your support.

Our AB4F’s designed for the LC200 with AHC are ~51mm tall from the mounting surface to the contact surface.

@grinchy confirmed for us that they don’t contact at N, and you’ll retain suspension travel in N.

Patrick
What we've found is my 'lightweight' winch+bumper isn't sagged as much as some with 'heavier' front ends.

<edit - or i'm running spring rubbers and have higher front end from that. Or I've got more sensor lift. There could be multiple variables here>

Last edited:
Hey folks!

Patrick

Hey Patrick - happy to provide more input for R&D if helpful. I've got winch, lights, steel bumpers & skids and mine *just* contact the LCA in the front position if that's helpful to know.

Hey folks!

Patrick
Thanks for chiming in Patrick,

I just measured and I have maybe between 1-2mm to spare when in N, hard to get an exact measurement quickly but its close. Is that enough travel before one should be running into the stops? Would like to order but would like to be sure that sounds reasonable or would a shorter set work better?

Also for kicks took a quick look at the wife's lx which is stock aside from bigger tires(same height as mine) and the clearance was about the same which seem reasonable as the AHC should be lifting these to about the same level.

Thanks for chiming in Patrick,

I just measured and I have maybe between 1-2mm to spare when in N, hard to get an exact measurement quickly but its close. Is that enough travel before one should be running into the stops? Would like to order but would like to be sure that sounds reasonable or would a shorter set work better?

Also for kicks took a quick look at the wife's lx which is stock aside from bigger tires(same height as mine) and the clearance was about the same which seem reasonable as the AHC should be lifting these to about the same level.
Hey Patrick - happy to provide more input for R&D if helpful. I've got winch, lights, steel bumpers & skids and mine *just* contact the LCA in the front position if that's helpful to know.
Thanks for the input guys,

Absolutely open to input/feedback from you as you run them. Our bumpstops (and everyone else's) aren't meant to be contacted 24/7, so you should have a bit of an air gap between them and the LCA during typical use. If you're contacting while fully loaded, or hauling more than usual, that will be fine - but day to day driving should not be in direct contact.

You should be OK with 1-2mm of air gap between the LCA and the bump - the initial travel is very soft and then they firm up.

Feel free to put some photos in here! it will help me visualize a bit better.

Absolutely open to input/feedback from you as you run them. Our bumpstops (and everyone else's) aren't meant to be contacted 24/7, so you should have a bit of an air gap between them and the LCA during typical use. If you're contacting while fully loaded, or hauling more than usual, that will be fine - but day to day driving should not be in direct contact.

You should be OK with 1-2mm of air gap between the LCA and the bump - the initial travel is very soft and then they firm up.

thank you for confirming. just ordered.

@PerryParts my driveway is sloped so I parked on level ground and cycled to neutral. Is this more or less clearance than expected?

IMG_2686.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom