Builds Travis’s PNW LX570 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

275/70/18 Falken Wildpeak
Totally. Transformed.

t9xkquS.jpg

GLHDJDv.jpg

hKfcCAD.jpg

I wasn’t crazy about the Tundra wheels but the graphite color really improved them. I rattle-canned them with 2 coats of VHT Wheel paint and one coat of clear. Edit: it was duplicolor not VHT.

Tires are 275/70r18 Wildpeaks. I was tempted to go to a true 34” but didn’t want to deal with making them fit properly.

Ride is noticeably firmer but AHC does a good job hiding it. These tires are actually quieter than the tires Duelers that came off it.

Let’s wheel!

Last edited:
Looks good, the 275/70/18 Wildpeaks are about 1/4” taller than the KO2s in the same size. Recommend cold pressure is 41 PSI for the Landcruiser, I would assume it’s the same for the Lexus.

Ooo snaps....I got to start searching Craigslist for some tundra rims...Congrats, looks awesome...

Ooo snaps....I got to start searching Craigslist for some tundra rims...Congrats, looks awesome...

They are plentiful! I got these for $50 and they were mint.

What color VHT paint did you use? If I can make my OEM wheels look like yours, I may just keep running them.

I checked the VHT page and graphite isn't listed.

What color VHT paint did you use? If I can make my OEM wheels look like yours, I may just keep running them.

I checked the VHT page and graphite isn't listed.

Hey you’re right. Paint was duplicolor and clear was VHT

EoPipzx.jpg

Drove 150 miles of highway, mud, and snow today on the new wheels and tires today and am very pleased with the Falkens.

The highway noise from them is very very slight. On par with Cooper ATPs I had on my Suburan, which is a less aggressive tire.

Took my kids to find snow today. We ran out of nerve before I ran out of traction.

EFjJprS.jpg

Gonna leave the patina for a few days :)

esMS36h.jpg

Ic8zs6F.jpg

Looks good, the 275/70/18 Wildpeaks are about 1/4” taller than the KO2s in the same size. Recommend cold pressure is 41 PSI for the Landcruiser, I would assume it’s the same for the Lexus.

Well ... not exactly.

You are correct that the Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for a LT275/70R18 tire is 41psi for the LC, but the Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for that size on the LX is 36psi.

HTH

Are you getting any rubbing? I just put some 275/65/18's and Fuel Beasts this afternoon on my wife's LX and we are getting very slight mudflap rubbing when turning in reverse. Not enough for me to do anything to the mudflaps, but just surprising when others are reporting no rubbing with 33's.

I was up late looking on CL for Tundra rims last night because of this thread. Couldn't find anything close to your deal so I was all set to put KO2's on the chrome 20's, but Discount Tires in Renton was sold out this morning. Turns out they had the Fuel Beasts and tires shipped in from Oregon and were able to install them this afternoon.

Are you getting any rubbing? I just put some 275/65/18's and Fuel Beasts this afternoon on my wife's LX and we are getting very slight mudflap rubbing when turning in reverse. Not enough for me to do anything to the mudflaps, but just surprising when others are reporting no rubbing with 33's.

Really easy fix. Refer here - Trimming Wheel Well for Larger Tires

I was up late looking on CL for Tundra rims last night because of this thread. Couldn't find anything close to your deal so I was all set to put KO2's on the chrome 20's, but Discount Tires in Renton was sold out this morning. Turns out they had the Fuel Beasts and tires shipped in from Oregon and were able to install them this afternoon.

Hey, Renton here too! You are welcome to come have a closer look.

I actually took my Front mud flaps off because they will definitely rub. I plan to trim them as @TeCKis300 refers to above.

Totally. Transformed.

t9xkquS.jpg

GLHDJDv.jpg

hKfcCAD.jpg

I wasn’t crazy about the Tundra wheels but the graphite color really improved them. I rattle-canned them with 2 coats of VHT Wheel paint and one coat of clear. Edit: it was duplicolor not VHT.

Tires are 275/70r18 Wildpeaks. I was tempted to go to a true 34” but didn’t want to deal with making them fit properly.

Ride is noticeably firmer but AHC does a good job hiding it. These tires are actually quieter than the tires Duelers that came off it.

Let’s wheel!

Super nice! The wheel color looks awesome! Did you paint the wheels with or without the tires mounted on them? If no tires mounted is there any worry of scratching the paint when the tires get mounted?

Super nice! The wheel color looks awesome! Did you paint the wheels with or without the tires mounted on them? If no tires mounted is there any worry of scratching the paint when the tires get mounted?

Thanks! Yep, painted without tires. I was worried about scratches but the clear coat is super tough! The Discount tire guys where super careful too.

I like the wheel design. Wish they would come in 17". Can't beat the price and the 5 spoke design is my favorite. Design wise, it matches nicely with the 5 lug pattern.

The cruiser gods have not seen fit to grace North America with any 5 spoke wheel in 17" such as this one.

“Name that Rim”

Last edited:
Small but satisfying project:

I have a terrible, horrible, awful roof basket that I got off Craigslist. It’s sole purpose is to haul around my maxtrax.

Over the past few months it’s started to rot away:

ZQMOW3c.jpg

Gross.

Now ideally I’d have a proper rack-and someday I will (really like the stuff from Gobi).

Until then I’m using some quickfists drilled into the crossbars:

jYT5cje.jpg

They grip the trax by their handles:
Rfbz8NM.jpg

I wanted to use maxtrax mounting pins but the silly LX rack is just too short.

Overall pretty tidy and low profile enough to still fit in my garage.

0916B20A-920F-4CC7-A249-7BF7CC504A3C.jpeg
Funny lots of my friends have the caddy ESV

When we go south of the border we are always envious they can put their whole family plus all luggage and camping equipment behind third row

We toy with the idea of getting a new suburban or a caddy Esv, as our LX has no room behind third row and using our 21 feet Thule roof box over the years gets tiring
I feel your pain. It only once in while I need a lot more interior space. My solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom