Builds The Warthog - 1977/73 combo (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm staring at that motor like a kid seeing his first centerfold. Not that I ever did that, just what I heard.

That stand is pretty hot too.

Yeah my friend @jrob made it. Super simple. The height is just right for working on it.

For shipping I’d want one just like it with angle on the bottom of legs and just 3-4” below the oil pan.

It rode great but lower would have felt better to me

8E1CD464-B0B2-43B1-80D7-6CE93A392837.jpeg

Because @JackA told me my Roo bumper sucked.

I cut the tusks off the Warthog

Beautiful stock bumper under all that

Now to paint it up Pewter

25A32204-2F5B-418E-A835-64B87FEE7F05.jpeg

black bumpers.

They came from the factory pewter and I like the contrast. That’s the main driver for cutting this one back down.

I’m going to add some weld on d ring holders where the old straps are still on the front bumper like @scrapdaddy

Looks good. I like the pewter too. I never realized the original was under all that. Get the forest out of the way and there's a tree under there.

I got the bumper stripped and polished then I primed it. My friend is going to burn in these shackle mounts for me then I’ll paint it all again.
1AC5C0DD-DC6C-4DA1-8B91-3FA18A587A7A.jpeg

C6C2E3DE-AA67-4C96-924F-B08F44000EE1.jpeg

I then dressed the drivers side of the engine and installed the Sniper adapter.

8630F9AC-0F63-4A61-8B60-70C16C143922.jpeg

71F3EB4C-2695-4B34-A495-B2886053D3B8.jpeg

Long Range Automotive Fuel Tank
That was fun

Not.

I need a longer fill hose. Anyone happen to know a good universal hose to use for 55 fill hose?

3911044D-055F-4240-A1D1-969619B1AD92.jpeg

I also cover this in my build thread: POTM - March, 2014 - Javelina By Pablo Cruise

And more detail here: Fuel Inlet Hose

I’m glad my hose was in good shape.

And I’m glad (very glad) that I had the donor fill neck to cut up to lengthen my setup.

It’s a lot of work redoing all the hoses especially with this HUGE ass tank.

But now I have all new hoses (except the fill neck) and a real nice body gasket I harvested as well.

I ended up putting high pressure hose and clamps on the pickup and return lines in case my under hood pump setup is a bust and I have to add an in-line pump.

Tank looks good! Two things to consider, adding a extra leave in the rear pack because the 55 gals. will make her sag and making a heavy skid plate for it. As you know I went down this road, the tank will drag ass and that's a scary thought with all that gas. Always something else to do!

Tank looks good! Two things to consider, adding a extra leave in the rear pack because the 55 gals. will make her sag and making a heavy skid plate for it. As you know I went down this road, the tank will drag ass and that's a scary thought with all that gas. Always something else to do!

I took 3 leaves out. Gave one set of the small ones away. I expect I’ll have to add the remaining two back for sure.

Which sucks but that’s part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom