My progression over the coming years with an interesting forty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone here know in which aspect the 4 inch hell for stout lift compares to the 4 inch skyjacker one?

This picture tempts me to paint my bezel a dark rose gold ish color.....not very traditional but it could look good maybe....credit to 47series on Instagram. He runs a great page.

506CD361-328D-4683-9CD7-6B74BA8B15FF.jpeg

Does anyone here know in which aspect the 4 inch hell for stout lift compares to the 4 inch skyjacker one?
Bruh,

I have a 4" Skyjacker lift on my 40, as far as I concerned it's not bad. It rides nice with Bilstien shocks, longer shackles in the rear. There was quite a bit of tweaking involved in getting it to ride right, but once I dialed it in, it rides great.

I just noticed I was already dropping some pics in your other thread.

I'll hook you up with some more........

Bruh,

I have a 4" Skyjacker lift on my 40, as far as I concerned it's not bad. It rides nice with Bilstien shocks, longer shackles in the rear. There was quite a bit of tweaking involved in getting it to ride right, but once I dialed it in, it rides great.
Ye I think I’m gonna put a skyjacker on during the summer sometime. My mind is set I think. Kit plus shackles and 6° shims is what I’ve heard

Ye I think I’m gonna put a skyjacker on during the summer sometime. My mind is set I think. Kit plus shackles and 6° shims is what I’ve heard
Probably swap out the shocks another time

Don't set your mind on anything, prepare to be flexible once you start on it. It might take some time to get it right, and money when you start changing parts here and there.

Don't set your mind on anything, prepare to be flexible once you start on it. It might take some time to get it right, and money when you start changing parts here and there.
Yea. Up until now, I’ve asked around a ton, and changed my mind a lot. I started out looking at rough country lift, then skyjacker, then looked at HFS, but as of now, skyjacker looks the most enticing

On my 40 with 4" skyjacker and 5" shackles i dont use shimes on the rear and have no vibration , drivetrain angle is not the same on all 40
I have 6 degree shims on my rear, my 40 had a horrible vibration at a couple of different speeds, flanges were almost 7 degrees out of parallel.

a 2.5” and 33s with a rear locker will get you all over in a 40. More places than you will want to drive that 40 in. That B is not going to be happy on 35s. Slow.

skyjacker seems to be ok as well.

Growing up my parents took us all over in a stock 40 with just 31” mud tires. Cross state trips, all over ouray and telluride. 4 of us, in the summer, no seatbelts or a/c no cares. And Probabaly the biggest shockers of all...no max-traxx, skottles, foldable door tables or trash a Roos!!! How did we survive!!!

Fix it little by little. Make it reliable and don’t think every mod you see on instagram you need and have fun.
Ask lots of questions, there is a TON of knowledge here.

a 2.5” and 33s with a rear locker will get you all over in a 40. More places than you will want to drive that 40 in. That B is not going to be happy on 35s. Slow.

skyjacker seems to be ok as well.

Growing up my parents took us all over in a stock 40 with just 31” mud tires. Cross state trips, all over ouray and telluride. 4 of us, in the summer, no seatbelts or a/c no cares. And Probabaly the biggest shockers of all...no max-traxx, skottles, foldable door tables or trash a Roos!!! How did we survive!!!

Fix it little by little. Make it reliable and don’t think every mod you see on instagram you need and have fun.
Ask lots of questions, there is a TON of knowledge here.
My main thought was 4 inch lift and 33s. People said they had lots of rubbing in 35s. I saw a ton of other forums that said they all upgraded to 4 inches, and many of them recommended skipping the 2.5 lift. The 2.5 lift would allow me to keep my tires, but I plan to use this thing off road when I can. I have seen some 4 inch lifts with 31s-they look a little off but it isn’t as bad as I expected. I plan on eventually getting 33s, and I really like the look of a 4 inch lift, but 2.5 inch would be better on my wallet....

View attachment 2610485
I'm thinking about this rough country 4 inch lift. Yes, I know, its cheap and stiff and stuff, but 650 dollars for a 4 inch lift with lifetime unlimited mile warranty is nothing to scoff at. I am young, so I can handle a stiff ride. I didn't buy a 40 series to have a luxury ride, so a hard ride is expected. I'm a high school athlete so a hard ride shouldn't be too bad, I would rather have the ground clearance when I go mudding. Certainly more appealing than a hell creek or ome price. Maybe when I get older, ill get a softer suspension, but for now I think this rough country kit looks good for my needs. Ill be selling my 31 muddies to pay for most of the cost of 35 inch muddies to go with this kit.
View attachment 2610485
I'm thinking about this rough country 4 inch lift. Yes, I know, its cheap and stiff and stuff, but 650 dollars for a 4 inch lift with lifetime unlimited mile warranty is nothing to scoff at. I am young, so I can handle a stiff ride. I didn't buy a 40 series to have a luxury ride, so a hard ride is expected. I'm a high school athlete so a hard ride shouldn't be too bad, I would rather have the ground clearance when I go mudding. Certainly more appealing than a hell creek or ome price. Maybe when I get older, ill get a softer suspension, but for now I think this rough country kit looks good for my needs. Ill be selling my 31 muddies to pay for most of the cost of 35 inch muddies to go with this kit.

View attachment 2610485
This will NOT give you any ground clearance-it merely raises the body--you want ground clearance you need larger diameter rims/tires

Slight setback, apparently my clutch has been misplaced. Unfortunate. It’s either at my mechanic who is installing the engine (I don’t have a hoist, or the time to do it myself) or at the machine shop who rebuilt the engine. It could possibly be in my friends truck but I doubt it. He probably would have seen it by now. Fingers crossed we find it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom