How is everyone doing? (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Ron!

Nah, I’m taking the pictures.

Better pics on our club page...

Thanks Ron!

Nah, I’m taking the pictures.

Better pics on our club page...

How funny, I always thought you were on the other coast - Langley AFB...

This year sure has been "interesting".

I can no longer pretend, it is time to move on and find new work. Should have left earlier.

Not really fun to contemplate right now, but gotta do it.

Wish me luck!

Man, sorry to hear this, sure not a good time to be leaving a job with some seniority built up. I'm in the camp that believe this job loss in the USA is just getting started. Best wishes for you, Pablo.

Thank you Sir. I would be lying if I told you I wasn't scared. And yes, 13 years at the same company, so seniority.

Wishing I had started earlier. Too easy to just keep your head down and work vs looking around.

Also wishing I was smart enough to start my own biz, but no million dollar ideas to run with...

Also wishing I was smart enough to start my own biz, but no million dollar ideas to run with...
Some simple advice I was given when I was forced to make this same decision.

Life really is short and your happiness is more important than money.

A strong work ethic and determination will carry you a long way in self-employment, good karma and a quality product or service and you will rise to the top.

After several businesses doing stuff I enjoy and making house payments I decided to start a business doing something I knew nothing about doing a job I had no experience doing. Market research was telling me that no one in my area was providing this service and there was a desperate need so I borrowed the money bought the equipment and jumped in with both feet. I’m telling you now I was so scared of failure that I didn’t sleep for the first year but that fear is what got me up every morning and on the phone making calls and driving around town making contacts, instead of letting that fear hold me back from jumping in with both feet I redirected it to make me successful.

You can do it buddy don’t let the fear of failure hold you back from being successful and happy.

A strong work ethic and determination will carry you a long way in self-employment, good karma and a quality product or service and you will rise to the top.

After several businesses doing stuff I enjoy and making house payments I decided to start a business doing something I knew nothing about doing a job I had no experience doing. Market research was telling me that no one in my area was providing this service and there was a desperate need so I borrowed the money bought the equipment and jumped in with both feet. I’m telling you now I was so scared of failure that I didn’t sleep for the first year but that fear is what got me up every morning and on the phone making calls and driving around town making contacts, instead of letting that fear hold me back from jumping in with both feet I redirected it to make me successful.

You can do it buddy don’t let the fear of failure hold you back from being successful and happy.
Yep, pretty much my story. take a good look in the mirror-you have what it takes

I remember being fired from my reporter job at a General Electric television station in Denver way back when. Sideways with my immediate superior but the general manager didn't want to let me go. "What am I going to do," he asked. "You're going to fire me," I replied, "He's more valuable to you than I am." They sent a HR guy out from one of their light bulb factories to "counsel" me. "This'll be on your record," he warned. "Thirty years from now will this really make any difference," I asked. That did it, I was out. Left the exit interview to close on our first house. Immediately afterward, went to the Brown Palace in Denver for dinner, looking up over my prime rib to ask Bonnie "What the hell are we doing here."
It's now 46 years later. It doesn't make any difference. Many successes and failures since then but life has been more than good. Key is not to look back...when you hit these intersections, go right or left but never second guess your decision.

I like that last bit, Jim.
Leaving a place after 13 years has got to be tough. I am coming up on 13 at my current company. I thought I was OK during the last 7 months. I guess I wasn't. We were busy before COVID and it felt like we got busier after. Almost the whole office was remote and other departments started hiring new people. Working with them being so green and not able to mold them into their position made it difficult for me to get projects complete. The whole remote work was a nice option but really brought on new challenges.

There were challenges at home too. From home schooling to IT issues. My wife is somewhat at risk to get COVID so we really cut ourselves off other than getting food or seeing Steve. Poor Peyton has had only a few interactions with other kids. I got really tough to work with and live with and thought I needed to move on. A lot of talking, thinking, searching myself and I realized that I would just take all of it with me somewhere else. A lot of good things have happened, and are happening for us and I just needed to let go of the crap and concentrate on the good going on. Sometimes hard to find in all of this lately, but we both work and do well, and we live well and we are healthy. I had gotten enough side work to fund the rest of my Pig's transformation. It can be so much worse, and is for a lot of people.

So, I don't know if I am helping you, TJ, or myself. I guess take a good look at it all and see if a move is the right choice. If so, I'd reread what Jim said. Cheers.

Oh no. Sorry to hear this. Do you have a lead on anything? What kind of work do you do?

Thank you! I work as a product manager in the animal health industry.
My products are diagnostic in nature and would be found in the life sciences industry.
They are analyzers (vs. POC) so considered capital equipment.

You guys are awesome. I mean, I already knew this, but I really appreciate your words.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom