FJ55 Reproduction seal kits from Australia (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I refer any specific questions about the kits to the website.

Also, if anyone else wants to join, let me know. It sounds like it will take them a couple months to make all of our order, so we should be able to add some additional orders on.
BTW , channel rubber (they call it glass run channels ) are included in the kits.

Just sent out an email to everyone....

Heya everyone. I elbowed my way into Kelly's (@2fpower ) email chain. @Owyhee Jackass volunteered my services to help make sense of what they sent for kit breakdowns.

I responded to Kelly and told him it looks good - the vendor is indeed committing to all items listed on the vehicle-specific kits with the exception of the Outer Tailgate Seals (due to variation) and the Wagon Side Seals (their words).

A few things worth reiterating:
1) I think the onus is on each of us to have gotten Kelly the right info based on our vehicles.
2) It has been a mountain of work for Kelly to organize all this, and the mountain will continue to be a "thing" once the order comes in and the poor guy drowns in extruded rubber strips.
3) I personally plan to overpay him for the effort. I propose you all do the same.

Let me know what else I can do to lend a hand.

Calvin Allan

Heya everyone. I elbowed my way into Kelly's (@2fpower ) email chain. @Owyhee Jackass volunteered my services to help make sense of what they sent for kit breakdowns.

I responded to Kelly and told him it looks good - the vendor is indeed committing to all items listed on the vehicle-specific kits with the exception of the Outer Tailgate Seals (due to variation) and the Wagon Side Seals (their words).

A few things worth reiterating:
1) I think the onus is on each of us to have gotten Kelly the right info based on our vehicles.
2) It has been a mountain of work for Kelly to organize all this, and the mountain will continue to be a "thing" once the order comes in and the poor guy drowns in extruded rubber strips.
3) I personally plan to overpay him for the effort. I propose you all do the same.

Let me know what else I can do to lend a hand.

Calvin Allan

Cannot thank you enough Calvin for going through the details! No need to overpay me... just trying to help the group.

I have reached out to the supplier to move forward, and will get updates as I know things.

Hey Kelly. My apologies for the delay. I just sent over my deposit via PayPal and emailed you with that update as well. Thanks again for all of your efforts on these seals!

Oh crap, I've not been paying attention !!
I am in need of a full set as well ... PLEASE add me to the list
Contact me and let me know how (PayPal) to send the deposit $$$

Cheers
Steve

Just a quick check in on timing for the seals. Do we have an ETA? Thanks!!

just sent an email out this last weekend...

Shipping is being finalized.

Thanks for the update. I didn't get your email for some reason.

Hey I’ve been out having fun medical issues…. What is the wagon side seal that is unavailable? Or it’s close to that nomenclature at least…

Here is what I received from her…..

Your order is almost ready except we have run into a problem with the product SWK360 x 2.

We were waiting on the flocked material coming in and it has arrived unflocked!!!! We have contacted the supplier and are now waiting to see how we can get more of this material - unfortunately the supplier is overseas.

WTF is “flocked material”?
I assumed it was the fuzzy strip of material that goes against glass on rubber seals which allows the window to more easily move; like window belt molding for door glass. But I could be assuming incorrectly.

A quick product search on the websites says the SWK360 are the 60 series sliding quarter glass seals. Other than a that the 55 series orders are complete?

A quick product search on the websites says the SWK360 are the 60 series sliding quarter glass seals. Other than a that the 55 series orders are complete?

That is my understanding. They have not produced the rear door seals yet... however, they know to call when they start making those.

I just spent way too many hours working on the updated pricing on the spreadsheet and getting all the shipping / stuff figured out. You should all see a new spreadsheet with any balance due.

The shippers have the final information, so this may be moving pretty quickly.

Balance sent. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom