Wanted WTB Land Cruiser fender script (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If others want to chime in with measured dimensions on their fenders, that would help. My current dimensions are as shown (to doomer's point one of the dimensions is off). Dimensions are in millimeters of course:

badge dims.jpg

I wanted to add that I'd like to pay you for the badge and the delivery.

Meh, we'll figure it out. Me having some skin in the game keeps me on task ;)

hmm, I had measured 150mm and you have 151 on your diagram. I am short about 1mm. I think when I get home I will measure the badge you sent. I haven't pulled the driver side off yet.

Yep 151mm on the dot. The one you sent measurers ~149.5. I only have imperial at home so I converted.

Like I said, I'm good with this. Maybe others would like it to fit better🤷‍♂️
Screenshot_20210914-184629_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210914-184637_Gallery.jpg

Sounds like the digital model is right, but the actual part came out off. Did you do a first article inspection on that Calvin? Jim is that one of the printed ones or one that I gave you?

Jim, did the other two measurements also agree? If so... that's as good as we're going to get. To Dan's point we might be facing a disparity between modeled dimensions vs. printed final product. Since I don't own that machine and process I can't guarantee it's stable and won't change over time - we'd end up chasing a moving target.

So yeah, Jim if you don't mind please confirm the other dims. If good enough I'll post these to a shared drive (like the handle internals) along with instructions for ordering from Shapeways. With print cost already about $50 each I've no interest in playing middle man for profit.

Calvin

All right! This thing is ready to order, then. To reiterate: You may need to perform a bit of filing on one hole of your fender depending on how the print comes out.

The steps I'd recommend:

1) Go here to download the file. It is in .STL format, which is what 3D print vendors prefer.

2) Find a vendor that prints in metal. I personally recommend Shapeways - they're not fast, but they are dependable and reasonably priced. Their link is here.

3) Assuming you used Shapeways, click on the "Get a Quote" button in the upper right corner:

1631809974687.png

4) Upload the .STL file you got from my link. The preview comes up in the window - double check the dimensions listed match the screen below. Why? Well, if you imported in the wrong unit system your build could be scaled up or down by 25.4 times! Cool, but impractical ;). Choose your material and quantity as well. I recommend choosing STEEL then NICKEL for the color, but it's up to you:

1631810223325.png

5) Add to cart and continue to check out.

6) Wait 2-4 weeks for it to arrive.

If you run into any glitches, or if you're just not computer savvy and want me to do it for you, PM me and I'll help. Due to work and family demands I'm not the most prompt in getting around to responding, but I'll do my best.

Thanks again for everyone's patience and Ron's temporary loaning of his emblem for me to reverse engineer.

Cheers.

Calvin

Last edited:
i will try a set off shapeways .

Great. Give it a go and let me know if you run into any issues. I did lengthen out that "R" post by ~0.75mm, so install should be easier. I thought about it more and the part will always shrink a bit just based on the sintering process. :meh:

Onward!

If others want to chime in with measured dimensions on their fenders, that would help. My current dimensions are as shown (to doomer's point one of the dimensions is off). Dimensions are in millimeters of course:

View attachment 2786048
Wow! Amazing work Calvin!
I think this is your most complex undertaking yet!!!

The one on my '74 is 4.537 by 0.867 inches or so

20211010_161113.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom