COMPILED - 80 Series Seat Swap Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good, but why is this 80 so confusing to me? The door panels look wrong and the TC shifter looks like its on the wrong side of the trans shifter. lol
A pillar is all wrong too o_O

Not a cruiser but I picked up another set of 2011 VW Golf seats (same as the ones I used in my 80) and installed them into my sons minitruck. The ones I put in the 80 are leather, these are cloth. But both seats are heated with power recline (although the recline is useless in the reg cab minitruck. I've been really happy with these VW seats. Very comfortable and supportive, and not terrible to make work. Not sure if a Planted bracket will work with them or not but I would guess it would. I built custom brackets for both sets.

Cloth ones in my son's truck.
Seats by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

leather ones in my 80 posted earlier in the thread.
IMG_4225 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Any OCD issues with seats not matching the interior colors? Mine would go through the roof.
No OCD here. Besides there's black on the dash. I'm also replacing the carpet with black carpet and recovering the second row with black leather to match as well. Slowly redoing the entire interior so no biggie.

I went to the U pull n pay and found some seats in a Disco II, '06 LR3 and a '99 RR HSE. These are Land Rover vehicles and all seats have arm rests. What caught my eye is that the LR and HSE seats have integrated seat controls on the side, just like our seats. My test seating impression is that the Disco II seats are firmer and feel a little more supportive than the other two. The HSE and LR3 seats feel more "supple", maybe? It's hard to describe it but I'd probably be fine with any of these seats.

I need to refresh my memory but has anyone installed either a LR3 or a HSE RR seats into their 80?

'99 HSE_1.jpg

99 HSE_2.jpg

99 HSE_3.jpg

99 HSE_5.jpg

99 HSE_6.jpg

Last edited:
I just put some WRX seats in my 96’ LX a few months back.

On the highway today, I went to use my cruise control, and it blinked a few times then the “cruise” went away. Obviously it did not work

Is this related to not having the drivers seat hooked up?

Thanks!!!

On the highway today, I went to use my cruise control, and it blinked a few times then the “cruise” went away. Obviously it did not work

Thanks!!!
Don't think so. I put '07 Accord seats in my 80 several years ago and only used the power wire to operate the seats. Cruise and everything else works great.

Thanks!!!
Did you also add LED tail lights? I had the same scenario after adding LED tail lights.

No LED taillights. Seems to be 4 circuits tied to the CC. I’ll check those. And tighten the CC cable. Hoping For an easy fix.

Did you do the install yourself? How much would you say it cost you? 😍
1600 total and I installed myself, these seats are not in truck anymore, they are sitting in my spare bedroom.

I pulled a pair of 2002 Disco II seats then saw a 2006 LR3 seats that I liked better. Seat controls switch is on the side of the seat on the LR3, like our 80s and the leather *seemed* a little more supple.

Has anyone swapped in a set of LR3 seats into their 80?

Any OCD issues with seats not matching the interior colors? Mine would go through the roof.

Seats from a ‘06 Toyota Solara. Perfect color match. The drivers seat is fully adjustable, passenger side is manual. :princess: loves them!!!
ADF24405-C256-430C-A6FE-A5BC57ED870D.jpeg

Also installed a steering wheel out of a Toyota Matrix. I don’t think i’ll be able to hookup the air bag though. But hey, myFJ60 never had one to begin with!

3F4154C3-8F8B-46DE-BE77-DF3175FB85B7.jpeg

Nice to keep it all Toyota

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom