99 miles to the new sty! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will high temp brake grease do for the new gear? Should be here in a few days :D
Maybe. Need to make sure it's compatible with plastic (assuming you went with a non metal gear). I would use something like a white lithium grease. Lots of different brands and available most anywhere.

Boom. that's the pic I was looking for !thanks. So that alone will do the trick re bypass?
All this talk about the pic, I thought I would copy it here:
1705861270087.png

All this talk about the pic, I thought I would copy it here:
View attachment 3538459

Yes, that was done when I redid the gauges. I got all LED's. some from @ToyotaMatt and a few from West Marine. here's a better pic.

View attachment 3542066

these are the standard FAA cockpit , USCG wheel house and many us military night time LED color temperature lumen spectrum

the human eye has least adjust time back to NO light ,

This works well.
Related question. Should I use heavier grease on the pinion gear that is obviously not plastic and has much larger teeth?

pinion gear.jpg

Last edited:
Another question. Should I be able to spin the motor shaft with the motor installed ? Seems I can spin a whole turn before it engages. I dont wanna brake a finger here when I take off the vice grips... Seems there's only one way to assemble this thing 😏

window motor.jpg

Last edited:
Back at it again :D. I tapped one of the mechanism mount holes to an M7 and chased the others so I can throw out these sheet metal screws(reported earlier they were wood screws). Bench tested the mechanism w the new gear and seems to work well. Next challenge will be getting the dash switch to operate the window once its remounted. Scored new junction block and key courtesy @ToyotaMatt too!😍😍😍🔥🔥🔥
@RUSH55 correct on the gear lash

here's a vid of the bench test mechanism test

mechanism bolts.jpg
new swag.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. Ever since I bought my pig I have been pleasantly surprised that Toyota still carries that junction block. One of the first things I bought.

Very nice. Ever since I bought my pig I have been pleasantly surprised that Toyota still carries that junction block. One of the first things I bought.

didn't know they still carried it. 😏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom