1961 FJ25 FHT “The Warden” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOR does not make the correct red covers for the 25.
I dug around a bit today and decided if I ever want to re-cover the seats i am best off to just do it local with the correct color. SORs are the easy solution but they’re not cheap. I may be able to get the right color done custom locally for less.

Snuck over for a few more pictures yesterday. Tool box lid is original, seat bottoms are not ;) Looks like it could use some new latches for the box. Has the original turn switch I forgot to post before, broken stalk as usual but I was able to repro these in aluminum recently so I've got a replacement ready to go.
IMG_2967.jpeg
IMG_2971.jpeg
IMG_2973.jpeg
IMG_2972.jpeg

Some scribbles on the rear interior of the hard top - anybody know these graffiti artists? Looks like the jump seats actually got used. @andybudge I might need another one of those wing vent knobs, I think that's what was used on the little roof vents?
IMG_2968.jpeg
IMG_2969.jpeg
IMG_2970.jpeg

Finally got your roof vent! Yep, roof vents latch is the same as bug catcher latches. Looks like you have a FJ25 steering wheel too

Finally got your roof vent! Yep, roof vents latch is the same as bug catcher latches. Looks like you have a FJ25 steering wheel too
I love those unusual little features. I'm amazed every FHT isn't rusted out directly below that spot though.

The wheel has that FJ25 character doesn't it ;) Maybe @Birdhead can work his magic on it

Damn Dude, What. A. Gem!

If I could ever convince you, as a fellow Arizona Cruiser, I would respectfully request that this rig be treated with Patina Preservation a la Nolan Grogan.

But I also see the immaculate restoration on the 28, and have no doubt you are up to the last for Full resto.

What a gem.

Ciao.

Damn Dude, What. A. Gem!

If I could ever convince you, as a fellow Arizona Cruiser, I would respectfully request that this rig be treated with Patina Preservation a la Nolan Grogan.

But I also see the immaculate restoration on the 28, and have no doubt you are up to the last for Full resto.

What a gem.

Ciao.
That's definitely the plan once I get the 28 back on track, I have a lot of research to do on a "preservation" though. I did pick up a bifold this morning thanks to @Living in the Past, so that's one piece I don't need to be on the lookout for. This one will be fun!

IMG_2988.jpg

What a great find, congrats!!!!

Question, I noticed that this truck is missing the windshield tie downs on the hood. Pouring through as many FJ25 hard top photos as I can find, it appears a lot of the hard tops out there didn’t have them, but there are a few that did. Can’t see from top or bottom of the hood that this truck ever had them, which seems strange to me. Anyone know if it would have had them?

Anybody ever buy any of SOR's upholstery covers? I probably wouldn't use them right away since mine seem to be in pretty good shape, but I've learned some of this stuff you have to buy and just put into storage for the someday that you'll need them. A lot of times, by the time someday comes they're no longer stocked (GIFU mud flaps!). I've always loved the coral, but it appears they only have them for the front seats and don't have any for the rear jump seats?

I called them about it, didn't get the impression the guy on the phone really understood the difference between a jump seat and a bench seat he was just anxious to get off the phone. Assuming the bench seat ones pictured won't work on a jump seat, what have folks done to upholster their jump seats - just use someone local?

Not correct for an FJ25. FJ25 seat covers were red and didn’t have pleats. The red vinyl fades to a coral looking color so many people think the original seat color was the same coral color as the early FJ40’s.

I posted a great color and texture match I found for the vinyl several years ago. I think it’s in my 25 thread.

Splangy vinyl source

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom