1961 FJ25 FHT “The Warden” (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very Nice

Cool find. I like the looks as it is. Amazing that the rust all joined in the glove box and left the rest of the truck mostly untouched.
I have that same Arvin heater. Must be a dealer install.

Here is a picture of the window mechanism for the door on my 62 I owned.

3A43F9C4-DB0D-4288-A2E9-925F0F90F7E3.jpeg

Here is a picture of the window mechanism for the door on my 62 I owned.

View attachment 2547611
That’s extremely helpful thank you. Looks like the little knob operates a “brake” of some kind. I’ll have to get inside there and see how much of the mechanism remains. I know it’s got OEM cleaning sponges (kidding) on the bottom inside the door to act as a cushion when the window is all the way down :)

That’s extremely helpful thank you. Looks like the little knob operates a “brake” of some kind.
No it is toothed.
BB2C04FA-1C2E-4370-8D17-D025CBA4F3D5.jpeg

Found this here
Ok, here are a few door photos with the window in different positions

5411957137_ab12249d71_b.jpg

5411956927_dd64618f89_b.jpg

5412567886_2839237aca_b.jpg

5411955525_5685811b16_b.jpg

Parts from my FJ25
4768091197_f9a34c343f_b.jpg

Its tough to get much of a photo of the insides. I'll dig a little deeper looking for the complete set of parts not installed in a door.

Looks like that arm is for providing some spring assist for raising the window. One thing nice about those open manual window’d doors is it’s easy to get inside and dry or add rust prevention. And I guess you can hide whatever in there for easy access 😂.

Looks like that arm is for providing some spring assist for raising the window. One thing nice about those open manual window’d doors is it’s easy to get inside and dry or add rust prevention. And I guess you can hide whatever in there for easy access 😂.
true! contraband!!!

Not where I've been. Followed over from the thread in the classified section. Was wondering if was going to stay local. I know have more hatches than tops. Bonded title in AZ is not a big deal. Doesn't mean it was was totaled just title is lost. My guess is some thing was totaled could let it sit for five years and get a bonded title. Five years with no registration it gets dropped from the system. Short VIN state can't find it. Had to go thru this with my 79 FJ40. Gave it to my daughter and her husband. They never transfered the title or registered it. When they got divorced I got it back minus the title the ex "lost". Choices were a bonded title or go to the MVD warehouse to search for the title. Didn't do either. Few years later when going to my title found titles I made photo copies of. The copy had void on it but since it was still in my name and it had the title number five minutes at a MVD office walked out with a replacement title.

On this one if it was owned by AZ corrections department possible may not have had a title if used on the grounds. Could have auction without a title. I know the City of Phoenix Fire Department had to Unimogs they used as brush trucks. They were auctioned without a title. If this was a new vehicle with seventeen VIN could be a problem. 60 years old I can't see any problem. I bought a WWII Willys MBT 1/4 ton trailer. Has a AZ title. When I transferred the thought I might have a problem because the title had a lean on it. Owner's dad loaned him money and leaned the trailer. Seller was eighty six when I bought it I'm sure the father had long since past. Clerk just laughed and transfer the title to me.

Way cool! Can't wait to watch this one.

Not where I've been. Followed over from the thread in the classified section. Was wondering if was going to stay local. I know have more hatches than tops. Bonded title in AZ is not a big deal. Doesn't mean it was was totaled just title is lost. My guess is some thing was totaled could let it sit for five years and get a bonded title. Five years with no registration it gets dropped from the system. Short VIN state can't find it. Had to go thru this with my 79 FJ40. Gave it to my daughter and her husband. They never transfered the title or registered it. When they got divorced I got it back minus the title the ex "lost". Choices were a bonded title or go to the MVD warehouse to search for the title. Didn't do either. Few years later when going to my title found titles I made photo copies of. The copy had void on it but since it was still in my name and it had the title number five minutes at a MVD office walked out with a replacement title.

On this one if it was owned by AZ corrections department possible may not have had a title if used on the grounds. Could have auction without a title. I know the City of Phoenix Fire Department had to Unimogs they used as brush trucks. They were auctioned without a title. If this was a new vehicle with seventeen VIN could be a problem. 60 years old I can't see any problem. I bought a WWII Willys MBT 1/4 ton trailer. Has a AZ title. When I transferred the thought I might have a problem because the title had a lean on it. Owner's dad loaned him money and leaned the trailer. Seller was eighty six when I bought it I'm sure the father had long since past. Clerk just laughed and transfer the title to me.
Got a hatch to spare John? I still need to swing by and drop off your tail lights, will try to soon kinda tough to get away until schools reopen. If you’ve got a hatch PM or text me.

I’m not too worried about the bonded title either given this ones’ history. To be safe probably won’t put much $ into this one anytime soon though, but would definitely like to get it road worthy this year. I would love to get a copy of an old title with state of Arizona on it though but that won’t ever happen. Always nice to preserve as much of a trucks ownership history as possible if you can but just happy to have the opportunity to pick this one up.

Just think, you bought a complete rig for less than you have invested in one quarter panel of an fj28!!! All kidding aside, great early collection you have collected in a very short time!

Just think, you bought a complete rig for less than you have invested in one quarter panel of an fj28!!! All kidding aside, great early collection you have collected in a very short time!
You’re not far off! Ok maybe a little ways off, but this one is kind of therapy for me, I don’t need to stress over it. Just enjoy what it is.

Last edited:
Anybody ever buy any of SOR's upholstery covers? I probably wouldn't use them right away since mine seem to be in pretty good shape, but I've learned some of this stuff you have to buy and just put into storage for the someday that you'll need them. A lot of times, by the time someday comes they're no longer stocked (GIFU mud flaps!). I've always loved the coral, but it appears they only have them for the front seats and don't have any for the rear jump seats?

I called them about it, didn't get the impression the guy on the phone really understood the difference between a jump seat and a bench seat he was just anxious to get off the phone. Assuming the bench seat ones pictured won't work on a jump seat, what have folks done to upholster their jump seats - just use someone local?

Anybody ever buy any of SOR's upholstery covers? I probably wouldn't use them right away since mine seem to be in pretty good shape, but I've learned some of this stuff you have to buy and just put into storage for the someday that you'll need them. A lot of times, by the time someday comes they're no longer stocked (GIFU mud flaps!). I've always loved the coral, but it appears they only have them for the front seats and don't have any for the rear jump seats?

I called them about it, didn't get the impression the guy on the phone really understood the difference between a jump seat and a bench seat he was just anxious to get off the phone. Assuming the bench seat ones pictured won't work on a jump seat, what have folks done to upholster their jump seats - just use someone local?
I used SOR covers on my 69 and was very happy with the quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom