BEst place to attach Hi-lift Jack? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious where those of with a hi lift attach it to your rig. I was going to put mine on the front bumper but I'm not sure hot to go about it. I dont want it to rattle. Any suggestions?

so many places to mount it, just up to your imagination, many mount somewhere on the rear tire rack, from bumper, windshield sill upright, try doing a search and it should come up with a bunch of results, "high lift mount", two bolts could mount it many places.

like guppie said there are tons of places to mount them, most put them on a rear tire carrier of some sort or inside the cab. a guy in VI cruisers has it mounted to the tub just in front of the drivers side door if i recall correctly. and with the rattle....i dont know about your cruiser but are you realy gunna notice a little bit more noise?! 2 bolts almost anywhere will do the trick and if it rattles just put some rubber washers between the jack and the nut or washer

100_1524.jpg

Has anyone got their hi-lift jack stolen of their rigs.....? That is if they drive with their hi-lift jack on.

My buddy out here has his locked. He's got it mounted to the front bumper, but the two bolts coming out through the jack have holes in them for a lock to fit through. Both bolts are locked with masterlocks.

He hasn't had problems yet.

I mounted mine behind the seat like Mr Manny did, you can search mr manny hi-lift and find some pic

Brian put his on the bumper. It doesn't rattle that I know of.....Right Brian?

Mine is diagonal on the rear swing out.. It's a 5 footer.

Lt me just say, that you want fast access to a high lift. You don't want it too complicated to get to when you are out on the trail.

Rubithon '05 saw a rig roll, and had a driver pinned with his head under the roll cage. (you might have read my article in Trails)... We had to high lift the cage off of his head. (soft dirt, fortunately).

Point is -- If you need it, make sure you can get it off/out quickly.

mine is on the rear tire carrier/wicked awesome utility stinger
100_0211.jpg

Last edited:
Hi-Lifts are worthless when they're covered with mud and water. If you plan to actually use it, keep it inside.

Thats 100% true!

But it looks a lot sharper like that!

Hi-lift-lc.jpg
Hilift.jpg
AMT-J4-io1.jpg

Hi-Lifts are worthless when they're covered with mud and water. If you plan to actually use it, keep it inside.

Water?........Mud?..........

What's that?

that's what I do - I have it strapped in with dog collar bands behind the rear bench, both ends rest on the wheelwells

anti-rattle: I have carpet underneath and pipe foam insulation from the hardware store wherever else may be a source of rattle; I reposition the foam when needed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom