What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (54 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This isn’t a stock carb(yet) but the one closest to the head came right off. And I was able to use a pair of needle nose to go back on. On some of the others I needed to make a small cut with a straight razor as they were hardened onto the nipples.
Thanks for the input! 👍

It was a good weekend. I removed the old black paint from the transfer case and cleaned it up best I could. I found a small repair was done at some point using JB Weld(?). Gotta love these Costa Ricans. She's got a few battle scars but she's been a very dependable. I also had to adjust the headlights because they looked like Marty Feldman's eyes. After a quick inspection I noticed they weren't a match, so I ordered a new set of Sylvanias. Will install them when they arrive later this week. I'm replacing the plastic green fuel cap with a nice shiny one made of metal. It's also on the way. What can I say, I'm an old school sumbish.

I'm also going to remove the AVM locking hubs (barely a 100 miles on them) and replace them with a nice set Warn hubs that I purchased a few months ago. Those things are extra beefy.!! It's going to be a productive week.

Just a few more thing left on the to-do list. .. (yeah right!)

absolutely gorgeous 40.

Never underestimate the power of JB weld!

New exhaust now in place. Now on to fixing that lean!

IMG_6745.jpeg

IMG_6752.jpeg

The lean is a character trait. Some say it can’t be fixed.
I have an invoice from 1977 where the driver side spring pack was replaced due to being “deformed” at 1408 miles and leaning and 47 years later it’s starting to lean again. 😂 like you said I think it’s part of owning a 40.
IMG_3942.jpeg

Last edited:
I too have seen several FJ40’s over the years with a sagging side. I have never had this on mine but what is going to be the fix? Is it only a spring issue?
Can you go to a spring shop and request an “X” amount of re-arcing to add more lift the the affected side?

I too have seen several FJ40’s over the years with a sagging side. I have never had this on mine but what is going to be the fix? Is it only a spring issue?
Can you go to a spring shop and request an “X” amount of re-arcing to add more lift the the affected side?
CCOT sells a “Leveler Block” that’s basically a shim that sits on top of the spring pack. Spring replacement/replacing the bushings is also an option but can get pricey. I’m gonna try replacing the bushings with this Spring bushing kit and see if there is any improvement.

Last edited:
It's called "cruiser lean". I'm surprised the dealer didn't install the leveling block.

It's called "cruiser lean". I'm surprised the dealer didn't install the leveling block.
… and charge you a grand

You just wanted to use “hardened” and “nipples” in the same sentence. Well played I admit, but this is a public forum hombre..😁
@65swb45

@Voodoocruisers

@Spike Strip
@wngrog @cruiseroutfit

There is a new OEM genuine NipponDenso japan. spec. cooling system SNOW VERSION option sheriff in town .......

She sports the most millimeters of any OEM FJ / BJ / HJ 40 / 55 series overflow bottle ever offered as standard feature or a ( OPT ) cold spec. / heavy duty package by Toyota ...

Uses the same OEM radiator drop-down bracket , we now
proudly reproduce using our NOS OEM specimens we did originally offer years ago with it;s shorter Genuine NipponDenso sister we still also offer too ....

- all our cooling system bottles now have my concept vision of a
180' degree-view twin-dueling OEM yellow caution decals we reproduce in-house and hand apply heat press vinyl

. thanks for your support

1708823062697.png

1708823107168.png

1708823139006.png

1708823158483.png

Last edited:
Installed the Downey tank I got from Mark last week. Also painted and installed the new steering column. My original wheel is completely jacked and cracking worse than before I repaired it last time so it’s being replaced with one from a ‘53 chevy truck Speedway sells. Diameter is 15” to go with the Saginaw power steering I will install. Still waiting on engine mounts from Advanced Adapters.
IMG_4515.jpeg

IMG_4514.jpeg

IMG_4512.jpeg

Went to dinner at the fancy sushi place with some high dollar friends who were in town. Amazingly, the 20 something valet drove a stick as his daily.

Got the showpiece parking…

IMG_0941.jpeg

Valet said it got more attention than any car since he’s been working there. I threw him a $20 for not burning my clutch to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom