Builds Land Crusher Build Thread - V2 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nice. i have a new oil cap gasket but found no way to remove the old hardened one without risking destroying the entire cap in the process. congrats on being more successful than i

will get a new cap with my next big parts order
So the trick was to cut it with a sharp blade and then dig it out with an awl 👌

249E6AB6-F184-4256-A4EF-FD679F5308CC.jpeg

The plan is for a dissent rear, i like that you can add or remove the swingouts.

But no rush right now
Thanks for this journey, really make me feel how much i‘m slacking,,:). How is the reef box holding up, do you sleep on top when out.

Thanks for this journey, really make me feel how much i‘m slacking,,:). How is the reef box holding up, do you sleep on top when out.

Thanks! It helps that it's just me and I have a lot of free time.

Reef box is great. Would be nice if it had real slides, but it works well for the price. I sleep on it with this old 3 way folding foam pad (I think it's from costco, circa 2005). and it's perfect

You get what you pay for with Nitro 🤷‍♂️
Not worth it to cut corners on something as critical as diff gear !
JMHO

You get what you pay for with Nitro 🤷‍♂️
Not worth it to cut corners on something as critical as diff gear !
JMHO
My 80 axles came in the last unit and were loaded with Nitro 4.88 gears. You know that I broke the fronts but that was my fault. The front now has Sierra Gears. The rear Nitro’s have put up with me and are still good to go.

My problem with Nitro equipment is the lack of customer service. I called JustDifferentials several times and emailed when I broke the front diff last fall and got zero response. I think they can kiss my business goodbye.

Nitro started out as a good company and had quality stuff
Then they were sold and they went to s***.
Steve your gear sets may have be the old stuff but I know you had issues with your axles as I did
It’s well documented the issues with their gears.

Nitro started out as a good company and had quality stuff
Then they were sold and they went to s***.
Steve your gear sets may have be the old stuff but I know you had issues with your axles as I did
It’s well documented the issues with their gears.
Yes, the 4140 moly shafts. I toasted a couple. I forgot about that.

Slowly getting ready to do gears and lockers. Just ordered the parts for the yota front and rear locker switch:

82998-12170Terminal, Repair With Wire4$ 29.68Yota Locker Switch - Terminated splice (need 3)
90980-10631Housing Connector1$ 5.66Yota Locker switch - male plug (accepts terminated splice^)
84725-60020Switch1$ 51.75Yota Locker switch - RR / FR

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom