Builds Moe Green - Tilda Bogue Service Station (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, thankfully. Nice work on the frame, that looked like a heck of a project. Any pics of the pressure wash in progress, did you tarp/drape the shop or just surgical with the wand ?

Very cool. On the rust converter is there anything you avoid spraying it on? Once dry it’s ready for FF treatment? Here near the coast I’m constantly battling rust with everything.

On the gear oil do you run the same weight in everything and who sells the diff plugs?

Last edited:
Very cool. On the rust converter is there anything you avoid spraying it on? Once dry it’s ready for FF treatment? Here near the coast I’m constantly battling rust with everything.

On the gear oil do you run the same weight in everything and who sells the diff plugs?

I learned on Patina that I don’t like to get rust converter on heavily rusted visible paint

For instance the top bed (under the mat). Rust converter will sneak under the paint and as it darkens and treats the rust it can be seen through the paint. Probably not the case with this dark green but I was careful to wipe it off the body outside. Under I sprayed everything

I learned on Patina that I don’t like to get rust converter on heavily rusted visible paint

For instance the top bed (under the mat). Rust converter will sneak under the paint and as it darkens and treats the rust it can be seen through the paint. Probably not the case with this dark green but I was careful to wipe it off the body outside. Under I sprayed everything
Do you find any particular brand of rust converter to work better than the other?

Do you find any particular brand of rust converter to work better than the other?

C7831248-1404-44AA-9DA0-FEF8D45B4357.jpeg

Had a few minutes this morning before heading out on a trip and got the 4Plus bolted in place. I have to drill the 4 frame holes next week and that will be done. I also covered the bare metal with some Cruiser Corps matching paint.

EE7B3B4C-B339-4408-B441-2AA02BED5105.jpeg

If y’all follow any of my other builds I really don’t like to stop once it starts but I specifically bought this 40 to work on between customer jobs.

Doesn’t mean it’s not killing me to finish this thing up. Maybe I’ll get some time next week

5187AF4B-F5F4-4007-BDDF-AC79E6C69D28.jpeg

Cowboy is giving you the "Get to work" look. 😆

Pretty much pulled everything off but the water pump. It looks to have been replaced right before this thing was parked so I left it.

Added a new OEM thermostat kit via City Racer and OEM hoses and clamps all around
85406E33-E88D-451E-B040-498153CCBE23.jpeg

New junction pipe. Hoses and clamps to the new heater valve. New dissy and cap (wires coming) Denso plugs. New fuel lines and OEM filter (60 series)
04583FF3-408C-4386-95EC-E61E5CA143F6.jpeg

I had the splash guards powdercoated and reinstalled them them
15FBA729-85C8-4785-A081-6F82F31545A5.jpeg

D187482E-5F80-4C3C-A110-807282413817.jpeg

Battery holder was powdered. Added an OEM tray and holder. Powdered the overflow bracket. Cleaned up the alternator and added a new belt. Powdercoated the valve cover and added a new gasket. I need to adjust the valves before I bolt it down.
2541B5B2-DEB3-49E4-ACB4-CEBD6BCCBEDC.jpeg

Once the battery cables from @Fourrunner arrive I’ll have the passenger side finished.

Finally got an afternoon that I did not have pressing shop projects.

Pulled the carb. Cleaned and replaced the air rail mess
5CB2CE2E-AFDF-48AC-B8E5-644FA943906A.jpeg

We have big storms coming but Cowboy is not scared
04441F1D-BDAE-4CA8-84FD-E591604F9B23.jpeg

Carb is back on. Valves are adjusted. I need to finish hooking up hoses and cap all of the vacuum tubes.

Oil change. Fluid flush and I get to move it around on its own again.

56F5257E-D23D-42BB-9A43-D6458C193AF7.jpeg

Stay safe, that storm looks big!!

I basically live in a house in tornado alley that’s one tiny step up in safety over a trailer. We don’t have a safe spot really. Always nerve racking.

I have 12 cruisers here right now. I managed to get all but two under cover. The other two don’t run so they are SOL if we get a big hail storm.

F83E5EB1-1A91-4741-8302-068EB5CA0262.jpeg

Man, you've really done a great job on that FJ so far. It was pretty great to begin with, but now it's stunning. I would love to find one that looks the way that one did when you found it. Nothing but rust buckets and full restorations around here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom