Builds Blue Bird 67 - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Both the hand throttle and choke cables were hopelessly frozen so I got a generic choke cable from Vintage TEQ
View attachment 3503539
@thecrazygreek made us a proper FD knob. Thank you sir!
View attachment 3503540
I was able to find a good used horn button
View attachment 3503541
I found a used speedo to fit in the original cluster. All of the gauges seem to work. Fingers crossed there.
View attachment 3503542

Got the timing set. I’m about to take it for a test run. Wish me luck.
I've had luck unfreezing stuck throttle and choke cables on my early stuff by taking them out, bending the cable all the way through without kinking it, lightly tapping with a hammer all along the line and copious amounts of penetrant. In extreme cases where it is locked in one area, using a side cutter to break the sheath loose from the inner cable has worked too but it's not fun to close the gaps again.

First test drive was a success. All the gauges work. Went and got gas. Burned in the brakes some.

Had the spring on the wrong side of the oil bath filter and it was leaking. Cleaned that up and fixed it. Will be taking it for a longer trip in a bit.

Other than the windows rattling it’s super tight.

IMG_6379.jpeg

IMG_6380.jpeg

IMG_6381.jpeg

IMG_6383.jpeg

Did a little 4Low test. Check.

IMG_6389.jpeg

Crazy when all of these lights still work

IMG_6390.jpeg

Added the cup holder

IMG_6391.jpeg

Speedway wiper blades and arms

IMG_6392.jpeg

Nolen,

I’m almost positive I’ve got a PTO lock out bracket I could send you to use to have one made. If interested PM me.
His dad’s 45 has one that’s blue he is planning on stealing I believe.

Took this one on a couple more trips. All systems are go.
IMG_6435.jpeg

I don’t really remember how my 45 ran with the old SD40 but i do remember with the little 700-15’s it was tached out bad at 55

With the 255’s 55-60 is this trucks sweet spot. You are not on the floor and you have some pedal left for hills.

IMG_6436.jpeg

Rolled it up on the 4 post and gave it a good Fluid Film treatment.
IMG_6438.jpeg
IMG_6440.jpeg
IMG_6441.jpeg
IMG_6442.jpeg

Took this one on a couple more trips. All systems are go.
View attachment 3505516

I don’t really remember how my 45 ran with the old SD40 but i do remember with the little 700-15’s it was tached out bad at 55

With the 255’s 55-60 is this trucks sweet spot. You are not on the floor and you have some pedal left for hills.

View attachment 3505517

Rolled it up on the 4 post and gave it a good Fluid Film treatment.
View attachment 3505518View attachment 3505519View attachment 3505520View attachment 3505521
Is that front driveshaft out of phase?

Do you know what yoke TW uses at the diff ? It sure provides alot more articulation than stock ?

Do you know what yoke TW uses at the diff ? It sure provides alot more articulation than stock ?

They have different yokes for different patterns. The first one they sent was too long and I had to get this one and redrill the flange.

They said they come in different batches. Last 3 speed setup I did it wasn’t a problem

Since I’ve still got this thing I asked Mike if I could go ahead and put some gaskets in it. Everything on this truck is so tight but the window and door rattles are brutal.

I got both doors scraped and prepped for gaskets and then I got the passenger door window runs and felt done.

Headed to Florida for 2 days tomorrow and then I’ll finish the other door this weekend and install gaskets

IMG_7233.jpeg

IMG_7236.jpeg

IMG_7237.jpeg

Finished up the doors and put a lift gate gasket on it. City Racer has been closed but he opened back up yesterday and I got the the final swing out door gaskets ordered.

Looking forward to driving it now with the rattles all gone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom