Builds Whitey Forty - Tilda Bogue Service Station (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Alcatraz, Muir Woods, Black Beach, Sonoma and Travis AFB air show. Nephew is a C5 pilot there.
When I was a wee lad of 5 in 1982, my grandfather passed away while my dad was stationed in Okinawa and we had to catch an emergency flight back to the States on C5. I still remember sitting backwards and then leaving coming down the stairs into the cargo hold

Back in the late 60’s, the Woodstock era 😉, the chick on the beach was a common thing at swimming holes and some hidden lakes here in the northeast…. Brings back some crazy memories. That looks like a trip of a lifetime from my perspective

ON THE OTHER HAND: seeing that voltmeter on the sniper screen was like hearing a note on a piano that stops short of completion and when you finally hear it…and it resolves. . . It is like holding your breath and breathing again

Back in the late 60’s, the Woodstock era 😉, the chick on the beach was a common thing at swimming holes and some hidden lakes here in the northeast…. Brings back some crazy memories. That looks like a trip of a lifetime from my perspective

ON THE OTHER HAND: seeing that voltmeter on the sniper screen was like hearing a note on a piano that stops short of completion and when you finally hear it…and it resolves. . . It is like holding your breath and breathing again
Poetic.

Shoot…. I love them too!

Spent the morning getting Blue Bird packed up and ready for home in Michigan.
IMG_9124.jpeg

I was about to pull the trigger on the City Racer EPS swap when I thought to message the stereo guy to get an appointment for Whitey and he had a cancellation this week so it’s headed to Audio Solutions. The EPS can wait. Here are some outside glamor shots.

IMG_9125.jpeg

IMG_9126.jpeg

IMG_9127.jpeg

IMG_9128.jpeg

IMG_9129.jpeg

IMG_9130.jpeg

IMG_9131.jpeg

@wngrog Delegating is a sign of great management… did it most of my life 😂

@wngrog Delegating is a sign of great management… did it most of my life 😂
Lots of people try to keep everything in house and end up not being very good at what they are trying to do.

I don’t build motors, transmissions, set up gears, do upholstery or do stereos.

There are pros for such things. I’m not one.

As a motorcycle rider, we would call that risk management….know your limits and work within them

@wngrog - I’ve seen you use City Racer’s EPS in a few different builds, but it doesn’t seem to be part of your standard recipe. Curious (1) if you have a preference between electronic and hydraulic and (2) why/how you choose one over the other for a particular build. (For the record, I’ve had both and don’t really have a preference other than the cleaner look of the OEM hydraulic.)

@wngrog - I’ve seen you use City Racer’s EPS in a few different builds, but it doesn’t seem to be part of your standard recipe. Curious (1) if you have a preference between electronic and hydraulic and (2) why/how you choose one over the other for a particular build. (For the record, I’ve had both and don’t really have a preference other than the cleaner look of the OEM hydraulic.)

I’ve installed 3 of them. I would recommend them for anything with a modern column. 74-

Very nice.

Rebuild the center arm. Ends. Make sure the stock box is not junk.

Great option.

@jomelo can attest

I’ve installed 3 of them. I would recommend them for anything with a modern column. 74-

Very nice.

Rebuild the center arm. Ends. Make sure the stock box is not junk.

Great option.

@jomelo can attest
@wngrog have you installed an EPS on a rig with a one-piece steering column (no rag joint)? Ours is a 1970. I looked into getting a City Racer setup, but as I recall, the one-piece column required some modification. I believe that the instructions even suggested pulling the steering box/column and shipping it to the manufacturer.
Thanks.

@wngrog have you installed an EPS on a rig with a one-piece steering column (no rag joint)? Ours is a 1970. I looked into getting a City Racer setup, but as I recall, the one-piece column required some modification. I believe that the instructions even suggested pulling the steering box/column and shipping it to the manufacturer.
Thanks.
Nope. @ClemsonCruiser did one with a generic kit and said there was a lot of cussing involved so I’ve steered clear.

Thanks.
Not to hijack, but I've also got a 1970 and thought about this. Seeing as you're doing a 4 speed conversion it may not be worth trying to preserve the Toyota manual box for EPS, rather switching to a manual Saginaw box without a drag link then going with the EPS column could net the bet of both.

People love the white 40. I had it at the club this morning and had 4 people tell me how hot it is.

Just dropped it for a stereo. The one that was in there had a doozy of a setup. We are keeping the speakers. They were well done.

IMG_9226.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom