Builds Baja 69 40 - Tilda Bogue Service Station (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Holy s***. I got it all working.

Blinkers. Wipers. Lights. Brights. Grill.

So stoked. Replacing the fender panels and adding a few extra grounds and new switches.

IMG_3532.jpeg

IMG_3531.jpeg

IMG_3533.jpeg

IMG_3534.jpeg

IMG_3535.jpeg

What I had planned to take 2 days was done in one. All the lights work front and rear. Shocked. Gas gauge works. Amp meter.

Rear lights brakes and blinkers in new OEM lights and brackets.

Not sure on oil pressure and temp yet. Just added a new speedo cable. The last one has been broken for years.

I ordered a choke cable from @ToyotaMatt and it did not make it. I don’t know how to get one of those in with the heater box in place so I can’t add coolant and fire it off yet.

Gonna wire up the fender KCs tomorrow, finish the rear seats up. Clutch master and slave.

Man. This thing is coming along fast.

IMG_3537.jpeg

Retro LED KCs wired. Gave it a bird bath then a light fluid film rub. Wizard is headed out to finish up the jump seats now.

IMG_3540.jpeg

IMG_3541.jpeg

IMG_3542.jpeg

Got back from lunch and installed the master and slave cylinder. Had to do it like a caveman on a creeper because the Wizard was working on the seats.

Next I got all of the firewall holes plugged with rubber gaskets and dum dum

Then I pulled the steering wheel and got it straight.

Also added a windshield rear view mirror. This one was missing.

IMG_3544.jpeg

IMG_3545.jpeg

IMG_3546.jpeg

IMG_3547.jpeg

IMG_3548.jpeg

Looking great as usual Nolan. Another happy customer I’m sure.

Agreed that the folding leg option is the best and most elegant. However, unable to source a pair of long jump seats with folding legs, and having moved our jump seats inboard to accommodate a roll bar, I opted to use 2" angle as supports for the bumpers.

View attachment 3385902

View attachment 3385903

This was what I was planning and then I was talking to the owner and he likes to haul corn bags and such back there so the Wizard came up with this design. The weight of the seat will push down on the angle that is braced on the fender. Thanks for all of the suggestions. We took them all in to account

IMG_3552.jpeg

IMG_3553.jpeg

IMG_3559.jpeg

IMG_3560.jpeg

IMG_3557.jpeg

IMG_3561.jpeg

IMG_3558.jpeg

IMG_3551.jpeg

This was what I was planning and then I was talking to the owner and he likes to haul corn bags and such back there so the Wizard came up with this design. The weight of the seat will push down on the angle that is braced on the fender. Thanks for all of the suggestions. We took them all in to account

View attachment 3394492

View attachment 3394493

View attachment 3394494

View attachment 3394495

View attachment 3394496

View attachment 3394497

View attachment 3394498

View attachment 3394499
Umm, I need some of those… Awesomely executed.

Umm, I need some of those… Awesomely executed.
Some things I just look at him and say….this is all my guy should have to pay for this and if you want to go ape**** it’s on you.

He always goes ape****

View attachment 3394492

View attachment 3394493

View attachment 3394494

View attachment 3394495

View attachment 3394496

View attachment 3394497

View attachment 3394498

View attachment 3394499
Those tabs are awesome.. would sell those if it makes business sense.

Always enjoy your builds, you've got a great one going here.

Is he a pig rancher?

View attachment 3394492

View attachment 3394493

View attachment 3394494

View attachment 3394495

View attachment 3394496

View attachment 3394497

View attachment 3394498

View attachment 3394499
I could start making these as a kit. They actually bolt to the set bottom even though we welded this one. They can be wide or narrow for either seat

image000003(1).jpg

image000002(1).jpg

image000001(1).jpg

image000000(5).jpg

This would be really nice and make the jump seats more usable on earlier models. I didn’t use mine at all for fear of snapping the weld on some hard to find seats. That, and they are patently unsafe for daily use :)
I've built them for both early and late, wide and narrow

This would be really nice and make the jump seats more usable on earlier models. I didn’t use mine at all for fear of snapping the weld on some hard to find seats. That, and they are patently unsafe for daily use :)
are you suggesting that DOT didn't care about us before 1985? They must have OK'ed them for highway use up to that point. It's almost like you're suggesting certain
branches of government aren't always right. :)

I'd buy a set for long seats. Or is that wide? Whatever. For a 1969 long troop seat setup.
I'll go ahead and start building some parts and get a price ready. Laser will take about a week on the brackets. I bend the tubing here

First drive went fantastic. Could not be more pleased in the change from the scary sketchy steering and turd 4” springs. It’s like a new Cruiser there alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom