Builds Baja 69 40 - Tilda Bogue Service Station (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The speedometer and the temp gauges don’t work.

Fuel. Oil pressure and volts seem to work. Also the odometer seems to be working accurately although the speedo needle is going nuts.

Temps here in Mississippi are down 20 degrees today and today only so I’ll get this this back out later

I’m pretty stoked about this one. He is ordering new seats and I need to finish up putting the Aux tank in and seeing if I can get a skidplate to work with the new driveline.

IMG_3587.jpeg

IMG_3588.jpeg

IMG_3589.jpeg

IMG_3591.jpeg

IMG_3592.jpeg

IMG_3595.jpeg

This steering geometry is fully on the money. It came here with a no drop Pitman arm and a stack of washers holding the TRE into the Pitman arm. Now it’s horizontal with the Tie Rod and has the proper drag link from @cruiseroutfit
IMG_3597.jpeg

Added the heater box and a new heater sleeve to the box.
IMG_3596.jpeg

The 3 speed skidplate only needed a few mods. Had to cut the front that scoops up off and then aired out the two drain plugs into one. Added a little paint. Will go in tomorrow
IMG_3598.jpeg
IMG_3600.jpeg

This steering geometry is fully on the money. It came here with a no drop Pitman arm and a stack of washers holding the TRE into the Pitman arm. Now it’s horizontal with the Tie Rod and has the proper drag link from @cruiseroutfit View attachment 3396258
Added the heater box and a new heater sleeve to the box.
View attachment 3396261
The 3 speed skidplate only needed a few mods. Had to cut the front that scoops up off and then aired out the two drain plugs into one. Added a little paint. Will go in tomorrow
View attachment 3396259View attachment 3396260
Steering damper or no? debating adding one back to mine.

Steering damper or no? debating adding one back to mine.
I did not remove this one. Seems fine. I don’t have one on The Goat, my 45 with Saginaw does not have one.

Someone in Texas is getting super excited about this one. Nice work Nolan.

The Wizard fixed the passenger door stop that was ripped clean. Happy the gaskets and runs are still good because the last person that went into this door welded the top frame to the door.

OEM gaskets are still soft and fat.

IMG_7453.jpeg

IMG_7454.jpeg

IMG_7465.jpeg

IMG_7457.jpeg

IMG_3627.jpeg

Driver door has a stripped out crank. I have some real s*** parts doors here I’ll try to get one off of tomorrow.
IMG_3626.jpeg

Also the stop was loose rattling around in the bottom of the door
IMG_3625.jpeg

Lastly I got a different speedometer put in and I think it’s working right.
IMG_3624.jpeg

Temp gauge is doing the full sweep now. Parking at H and moving to L when you crank it so I think I have it going too.

Need to drive it but it’s 102

The DUI does not care where you start the sequence as long as you start #1 where the dissy is pointing when stabbed.
Who are you getting the DUI from? I’d like to order one for mine.

Is the ride on the swampers horrific? They sure do look gnarly

Last edited:
Who are you getting the DUI from? I’d like to order one for mine.

Is the ride on the swampers horrific? They sure do look knarly

Shocked at how they are riding. Steering is fine. One has a wobble up at about 70 mph

Summit sells DUIs

Had to pull the Baja 40 out while I put tires on a customer 60 and snuck a shot with The Goat
IMG_3639.jpeg

I tried to get a used handle off my part door but it was rusted up. Since this is going home next week I did not think I could get one in so I stole one off the Delta Beast. These are new. Put them on a few months back.

I got a new fuel pump here on the shelf and I will dive into that swap tomorrow. This heat is kicking my ass

IMG_3641.jpeg

Installing a choke cable on an FJ40 is possibly the s***tiest job next to the passenger upper door bracket.

See this photo? Well right before I took that photo I contorted under the dash and all of the sudden I’m the nazi in Raiders of the lost ark. My hand just smoked.

Turns out the cable I was fishing through landed on the hot battery post. Zip tie added after the fact
71340275417__E98DE05B-1748-4B87-B0A6-087829949F9D.jpeg

Roasted.

71340279640__4A78D990-754E-4DCD-920C-DB34AA2CF770.jpeg

Thank you Jim C for making sure the choke barrel and screws were all in place
71340406075__F0B534B0-6E15-49BF-B8DC-07884D3C1A42.jpeg

F this thing. I had to pull the cluster and use my longest 14mm and could get 1/8th turn at a time
IMG_3650.jpeg

Cowboy was shocked at my potty mouth

IMG_3651.jpeg

Installing a choke cable on an FJ40 is possibly the s***tiest job next to the passenger upper door bracket.

See this photo? Well right before I took that photo I contorted under the dash and all of the sudden I’m the nazi in Raiders of the lost ark. My hand just smoked.

Turns out the cable I was fishing through landed on the hot battery post. Zip tie added after the fact
View attachment 3398162

Roasted.

View attachment 3398163

Thank you Jim C for making sure the choke barrel and screws were all in place
View attachment 3398164

F this thing. I had to pull the cluster and use my longest 14mm and could get 1/8th turn at a time
View attachment 3398165

Cowboy was shocked at my potty mouth

View attachment 3398166

So how I interpret the above ….

I can clearly make out the residue from the initial Arc there on the center top of the square head B+ battery cable Lug and the small cavity on the bottom of the coil spring jacket where cosmic energy took place earlier this afternoon …..dam !

The Solid core wire that extends out the end of that OEM looking galvanized coil spring Jacket or outer Casing…

On that Sparky looking reproduction 78310-60011 , touched down on the B+ terminal itself . This would have set into motion a quicker then quick sequence of events that you poor little drivers side front paw and It’s foot-pad that was most likely wrapped around the portion of the galvanized jacket did not sense or feel coming in any level , then it would of in a matter of approximately 2-3 metric seconds, went from ambient temperature …..

To the KOITo King of Kings JDM wattage spec. Incandescent Lumens Filament conductor ever installed on any Toyota Vehicle Platform Globally ,,,,

- that is the absolute most far out chance / fate injury to a Toyota Technician I have ever heard to occur ..

- I have to ask Nolan .., did u see it by chance begin to glow oarnge ?

Last edited:
So how I interpret the above ….

I can clearly make out the residue from the initial Arc there on the center top of the square head B+ battery cable Lug and the small cavity on the bottom of the coil spring jacket where cosmic energy took place earlier this afternoon …..dam !

The Solid core wire that extends out the end of that OEM looking galvanized coil spring Jacket or outer Casing…

On that Sparky looking reproduction 78310-60011 , touched down on the B+ terminal itself . This would have set into motion a quicker then quick sequence of events that you poor little drivers side front paw and It’s foot-pad that was most likely wrapped around the portion of the galvanized jacket did not sense or feel coming in any level , then it would of in a matter of approximately 2-3 metric seconds, went from ambient temperature …..

To the KOITo King of Kings JDM wattage spec. Incandescent Lumens Filament conductor ever installed on any Toyota Vehicle Platform Globally ,,,,

- that is the absolute most far out chance / fate injury to a Toyota Technician I have ever heard to occur ..

- I have to ask Nolan .., did u see it by chance begin to glow oarnge ?

I saw the smoke from my hand. No lie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom