Builds Blue Bird 67 - Tilda Bogue Service Station (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
My first major project of 2023 was the 1967 FJ45 LPB I did for @Sweet Water ’s dad. While Mike was out looking at the 45 at @OGBeno ‘s place Johnny sold them on this 2 for 1 package. I had already made many commitments for this year so I could not work on these two back to back but now the shop is open to take this fella in for some love.

IMG_4108.jpeg

IMG_4107.jpeg

The plan for this one is to do the “formula”

Dobinsons IMS
City Racer 16s with 255/85s
4Plus Carrier
Cruiser corps Coral seats

Drivetrain will be the known-good F135 I took out of the FJ45 (ran when parked) with a freshly rebuilt 3 speed and PTO via @orangefj45

This is the one I pulled out of his dads 45. I sent it out a couple months ago

I made the pilgrimage to Valley Hybrids last week and laid eyes on it and double checked my order and they kicked it all out the door via freight yesterday.

IMG_3679.jpeg

IMG_3678.jpeg

Yesterday I burned off some waste oil and made a final walk around of this thing. I moved the donor axles down from the main barn and pressure washed them. This thing has been sitting right here since January.
IMG_4072.jpeg

So today at lunch the Wizard came by and helped me move it around to the new shop.

Here are some Before photos

IMG_4083.jpeg
IMG_4084.jpeg
IMG_7805.jpeg
IMG_7806.jpeg

Step one on this thing is to clean it up nicely to see what I’m working with. I got about 1/3 of a Shop Vac of dirt and rodents out of it
IMG_4090.jpeg

Next I pulled the interior out. Hosed it with Zepp orange
IMG_4100.jpeg

Then I took the pressure washer to town on it

IMG_4101.jpeg

OG seatbelts cleaned up nicely as well
IMG_4103.jpeg

Found my bonus and even some .22 shells to prove this was not owned by a communist lefty
IMG_4105.jpeg

IMG_4106.jpeg

My initial impressions are good. Other than a rotten rear sill and some rot where these ridiculous brackets for the seatbelts trapped mud for 55 years, this truck is super duper nice and complete.
IMG_4110.jpeg

Gas tank is clean and rust free.
IMG_4109.jpeg

Cowboy approves

IMG_4114.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing this paint pop

Stay tuned

I need a properly patina’ d front bezel of the correct color if anyone has one in their stash. This dark one is killing me

Can’t wait to see this come together Nolan. You inspire me and many others.

Awesome year!!!

Always interesting to see how many factory components, hose clamps, bolts, etc still remain after 55 years. This one seems to have quite a few intact, likely hasn’t fallen into too many enemy hands!!!

IMG_9504.jpeg

Also, Looks like the owner procured his otc drugs from the company first aid kit!

IMG_9505.jpeg

Can’t wait to see this come together Nolan. You inspire me and many others.

I’m feeling like this one is nearly as clean as your new 45. The rear sill rust is weird compared to the rest of the truck. I’ll get the Wizard to stitch in some metal there.

The fender support things are a FJ55 level nightmare. Can’t believe those things existed. Mud trap.

I have to work on my 200 project tomorrow and pick up a parts 100 but I’ll be breaking out the paint polish kit on this thing next. Can’t wait to see that 56 year old paint pop

Probably sat tail low for an extended period of time. It really is strange how these old trucks weather the years. Some better than others. I believe It really depends on how many different owners there has been. Fewer owners usually equals less damage or things that have been changed. Of course …….Left Coast vs Right Coast 😀 unfortunately does play a role….

New Mexico truck. Up by Farmington. Likely used it in the southern Colorado Moutains and got some salt.

I just ordered the Real Steel cap. I think that will be less invasive and allow me to not have much body work.

The golf tee in the tangle of stuff on a bracket below the carb ?

Wow what a survivor! Looking forward to this one.

Can you share the build date or frame number? It looks just like mine!

I need a properly patina’ d front bezel of the correct color if anyone has one in their stash. This dark one is killing me
“Shell Ivory “😉 🍻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom