Builds Blue Bird 67 - Tilda Bogue Service Station (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Filled up the coolant and this doodad is leaking. I was scared it was going to hence the JB weld I tried.

The Siamese head does not have but one spot for heater and temp sensor to share.

Bummer. I’m sure these are not easy to find.
IMG_5598.jpeg

Sticker applied
IMG_5600.jpeg

Live wires in place
IMG_5601.jpeg

Floor mats via Cruiser Corps
IMG_5602.jpeg

Got the PTO driveshaft installed.
IMG_5610.jpeg

Some new visors
IMG_5603.jpeg

Added the vintage tag and found an OEM hook/loop that the P.O. had used for a top lift I think. It had one missing in the back
IMG_5604.jpeg

Bolted in the Tom Woods driveshafts.

They bolted up perfectly but for some reason the front Tcase end is hitting the bellhousing.

Same exact setup I used on the Rosie truck. Not sure why. I’ll have to send pics to them Monday to see if they have a smaller slip yoke they can send me
IMG_5606.jpeg
IMG_5607.jpeg

Another month sitting. I got an invoice from JimC a week ago Friday. That usually is the signal he’s shipping the next day. Nothing yet.

I’ve had a few things I needed to do in prep of the carb arrival so I pulled it in this morning.

Got the goofball spark plugs in for the F135

View attachment 3472905
View attachment 3472906
I believe the F135 uses 14mm plugs with a short 3/8" thread reach. Current NGK part number is B6S / 3510. Denso Part number from the owner's manual is W14. These seem to work very well in my 135 powered '64 -

Screenshot_20231104_222419_Drive.jpg

Got my tail lights working.
IMG_5616.jpeg

Brake lights

IMG_5618.jpeg
IMG_5619.jpeg

This harness has two relays for blinker. The one on the drivers side works and the flashers all work. The one on the passenger side buzzes and won’t run the blinkers. Gotta email Coolerman

IMG_5617.jpeg

Filled up the coolant and this doodad is leaking. I was scared it was going to hence the JB weld I tried.

The Siamese head does not have but one spot for heater and temp sensor to share.

Bummer. I’m sure these are not easy to find.
View attachment 3472913

That looks like the “union” (figure A) from an FJ25 Water pump.

FA33160E-B804-46D7-940D-EC95F4A649E1.jpeg

FCFA99C7-60F9-4658-8BFF-9448E9D2C920.jpeg

Got my tail lights working.
View attachment 3473033

Brake lights

View attachment 3473035View attachment 3473036

This harness has two relays for blinker. The one on the drivers side works and the flashers all work. The one on the passenger side buzzes and won’t run the blinkers. Gotta email Coolerman

View attachment 3473034
I struggled with mine, installed a new flasher, still nothing. Checked bulbs, grounds. Finally realized my turn signal/brake and running light leads were swapped at one light. Corrected that and all is well. My old flasher is probably fine 😬

Last edited:
Testing. 1….2…..3…….anyone still in here?

Can’t believe this all started with this post only one year ago today

IMG_6348.jpeg

loud and clear

First thing first. Got the front shaft sorted. Had to get a 60x60 slip yoke and drill the flange since they don’t make that size in 10 spline.

IMG_6346.jpeg
IMG_6347.jpeg
Then I installed the bitchen SD40 that made it back this week from JC that was born on Dec 25th @FJ40Jim

IMG_6356.jpeg

Then I jumped in the Delta Beast and got some gas for it
IMG_6352.jpeg

Then I figured out a good fuel line setup. First one leaked.

IMG_6357.jpeg

Second setup though……

The pedal linkage on this thing is in bad shape. I tack welded these two together then the pedal “cammed” over and locked in place.

I really don’t know what this was supposed to look like but it’s got no threads and the groove that goes on the pin from the firewall is egged out.

Need to take a break and maybe tomorrow it will make more sense

IMG_6361.jpeg

IMG_6360.jpeg

I can snap a pic of my 65’s linkages in a bit if that would be helpful. We also have some good parts diagrams on the CC literature page.

Ok, I guess they changed in a couple years. My 65 is even more basic in design. Never mind.
IMG_6562.jpeg

I can snap a pic of my 65’s linkages in a bit if that would be helpful. We also have some good parts diagrams on the CC literature page.

I did some searching. Seems that piece gets egged out.

It’s also different on this 67 fj40 than it was on the 67 fj45 I built for his dad because I removed all of that stuff and it’s different.

Just gonna have to figure out the right arc and weld it.

The pedal linkage on this thing is in bad shape. I tack welded these two together then the pedal “cammed” over and locked in place.

I really don’t know what this was supposed to look like but it’s got no threads and the groove that goes on the pin from the firewall is egged out.

Need to take a break and maybe tomorrow it will make more sense

View attachment 3502996

View attachment 3502997
Hope this helps.

IMG_9129.jpeg

IMG_9127.jpeg

IMG_9124.jpeg

Both the hand throttle and choke cables were hopelessly frozen so I got a generic choke cable from Vintage TEQ
IMG_6372.jpeg

@thecrazygreek made us a proper FD knob. Thank you sir!
IMG_6374.jpeg

I was able to find a good used horn button
IMG_6375.jpeg

I found a used speedo to fit in the original cluster. All of the gauges seem to work. Fingers crossed there.
IMG_6376.jpeg

Got the timing set. I’m about to take it for a test run. Wish me luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom