What the hell is goin on in Jimmy's Barn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i spy cable locker axle$
You are correct Matt. Those did not go to scrap :)
A3E9E896-8B46-42C1-BE97-D287AA782BB8.jpeg

I'll take the two post lift if you're not taking it to Ft. Collins..😀

I'll take the two post lift if you're not taking it to Ft. Collins..😀
its sorta expensive Dave. You’d have to buy the house if you want it :). Leaving that and my compressor behind. Will get new ones down the road

its sorta expensive Dave. You’d have to buy the house if you want it :). Leaving that and my compressor behind. Will get new ones down the road
When I sell my place in Nevada, hopefully later this year, I'm bringing my heavy duty compressor back here to New Mexico.

A great weekend in the barn with help from some good friends (@KennyBob @CaptClose @POTATO LAUNCHER & @cimmeron). They helped me get over the hump on this whole process of closing down the barn. Had a 95 locked 80 (low mileage cloth interior) that was rolled and smashed in the front. Cross member was caved in under the radiator and Casey’s mad fabricating skills put it back to factory specs :). Will slap another 95
FF167922-366D-4C3A-A943-3006C07460D9.jpeg
37EC3570-3B70-4740-A779-DCC8E589FE96.jpeg
930039C0-B1CC-43DD-913A-702E3AB25530.jpeg
331B396E-096C-46A0-AEB4-0970FABA421E.jpeg
FE00B939-EBCD-4015-833D-78BEFBD5EA0C.jpeg
body on this and with Cim taking the other donor rolling 80 I’ve reduced the footprint from 3 to 1. Huge for me as my goal is to minimize the # of trucks to be stored and transported. Thanks again guys. Feel free to add any pics you have.

Had a great time Jimmy! Wish I could've stayed to finish cutting it up and been there for the fixing of the crossmember. Hopefully more adventures to come at the Land Cruiser Ranch!

Update...had the fortune to have Coop @samc2447 join me for another weekend (two weekends ago) and we decimated another 80and created a rolling 60 out of parts. Then Cim @cimmaron jumped in on Sunday to help eliminate another 80. These guys have been a tremendous help reducing the footprint here at the barn. Can’t tell you how much I appreciate their help. Then I spent the week getting my youngest sons 60 ready for the trip to CO. He no longer has an interest in this sweet 60 but his mom wants it as an optional ride. So it’s now here in CO. Stopped in at Casey’s @POTATO LAUNCHER to spend the night and break up my trip to Ft Collins. While the 60 was on the lift he noticed a weird noise coming from the front left hub. Opened it up and discovered a set of crusty wheel bearings. 75 minutes later and we had new bearings installed and all is good. Casey also helped with some temporary patches (covering up a few rusty spots on the roof as well as fixing the arm pad on the cool cruiser armrest. This guy has a solution for everything :). Casey’s barn is a great place for a pit stop. Some pics of the progress.
9CA8D720-D03F-47EA-BEE9-D83A6B20CFF5.jpeg
8B747D4A-C27B-49DF-B66D-123079DF0584.jpeg
2D59632F-16CF-4BD9-AC08-FD4D9DD6EC27.jpeg

Always good to wrench with a Cruiser Brother, enjoyed the banter man. A few beers and some good company are always welcome in the shop.
Planning on attending Roundup this year if everything falls in line. I need a break from 2019/ 2020. It's been challenging.

You guys are animals. I had a bear of a time moving 400sqft full of parts two blocks back in December. I can’t fathom moving the amount of stuff you’ve accumulated

You guys are animals. I had a bear of a time moving 400sqft full of parts two blocks back in December. I can’t fathom moving the amount of stuff you’ve accumulated
ha. So true Matt. It’s gonna be a huge undertaking

Did want to post a shot of this wheel that was sitting in the back cargo area of the 61 when it came over from Japan. Not sure I’ll be able to use it as it’s barely 13” OD. PO must have had really small hands :). Plus it makes it difficult to see the gauges.
C8B6516C-703A-4ADB-898B-C7C679145D12.jpeg

Did want to post a shot of this wheel that was sitting in the back cargo area of the 61 when it came over from Japan. Not sure I’ll be able to use it as it’s barely 13” OD. PO must have had really small hands :). Plus it makes it difficult to see the gauges.
View attachment 2223418

It is pretty slick though.

View attachment 2223418
That's so you can drive with handcuffs on Jimmy. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom