What have you found in the cruiser from a PO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lol Well played.....I assumed it was coffee stains.

Brb "Where did I leave that luminol?"

I was just sharing with @daveb yesterday that I had tried to buy a root beer brown non-op’d early 1970 FJ40 back in ‘89 that I literally missed out on by two minutes. Watched the buyer physically grab the sellers hand and push money into it as I drove around the corner. Karma being what karma is, the buyer abandoned the project two years later and sold it to me for what he’d paid.
The 40 had a full-sized ConFerr roofrack, and the rack had a large wooden footlocker on it. The buyer/now seller was a portly guy, and had never climbed up on the roof to look inside. I did.
Under the kitch camping gear was a bunch of NOS parts in boxes and bags! Brand new driveshaft, brand new transfer case floorshift conversion, brake mc and wheel cylinders, hoses, belts, yada yada.

I surprised myself by walking back to the shelf the floorshift kit was on and pulling it out to show Dave. It was in exactly the same spot that I had put it down 32 years ago!😝

Last edited:
IMG_7537.jpeg

Similar to Mark’s story, I bought a super rusty FJ55 a couple years ago for the engine and trans (trans is in my 1970 40 now!). We got it home and it was full of packrat poop and skeletons. In some boxes in the back were tons of NOS parts that were purchased in the 80’s and forgotten about. Locking gas caps, stamped Land Cruiser bezel, fst parts. Tons of stuff, so much I forget. Was a cool find.

An old 1500w Kat's engine heater (Green) aka the “Transmogifier” and a black hole near the vin plate I keep throwing money into..

421044FB-6156-4278-848F-C90A482025D4.jpeg

I found about 200 holes drilled in the tub hidden under Line-X. They taped each hole with masking tape then sprayed it. It appeared to have had several different bikini tops as evidenced by multiple holes across the top of the windshield frame.

Bed liner.jpg

Windshield frame holes.jpg

I have a picture somewhere but while re-doing a set of doors from a 74, I found Vessel Impact Driver with a Phillips head stuck in the bottom of one of the doors. Cleaned up and it worked perfectly.

PO owned the ‘rest of my days 40’ from 1984-2014 - He bought it from a Delta airlines pilot who had installed an interesting door handle!
IMG_1643.jpeg

1972 FJ40 in the underseat tool box wrapped in alot of plastic , and stored in a barn / garage , ZERO moisture ...

- i found the
KEYS to the Kingdom .....

63014DCD-2C54-40DD-9FDD-F041A1A9D519.jpeg

54C7204E-4CA9-4C1D-962B-661FF4A7D461.jpeg

A token from Dairy Queen.
Fits very tightly in the center of the steering wheel, only had it bounce out once or twice when on a hard trail...
Came with the Pig when I bought it in '86

20231102_133417.jpg

20231102_133423.jpg

IMG_1033.jpeg
IMG_1028.jpeg
IMG_1032.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom