What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting ready for some minimalist camping next week.

My tailgate is inoperative (I have a new tailgate handle on order from Shapeways) and I didn't want to bring a folding table for my cook stove.

img_20230420_114515655-jpg.3303371

Viola! My maintenance stand is now a stand for my stove, and my truck is my wind break.

Getting ready for some minimalist camping next week.

My tailgate is inoperative (I have a new tailgate handle on order from Shapeways) and I didn't want to bring a folding table for my cook stove.

img_20230420_114515655-jpg.3303371

Viola! My maintenance stand is now a stand for my stove, and my truck is my wind break.
And in a pinch it's a folding table...

They don't want the number on the internet, even though everybody sees it going down the road. I would assume.
I’ve never understood it. I hate seeing a pic with someone holding their thumb in the way of the plate.
Was explained to me that someone will know your plate number, look it up through dol and go to your house and steal your car and/or rob you. Why can’t they do the same thing seeing it driving down the road?

Why do people always black out their license plate numbers in pictures? I curious. Thx..
For the same reason people wear masks driving in their cars alone…..

So close on wrapping up the 60 series knuckle/disc brake swap on the '73 FJ40. About a year and half ago I bought a set of used birfields and since the seller had several with differing lengths I went with the longer ones. Turns out that to use these birfs I'll need unicorn long body locking hubs. I have a source for known FJ60 birfs that I will be swapping out for these longer stub birfs. It's not the parts swapping I'm dreading but dealing with the grease.

IMG_9709.jpg
IMG_9712.jpg

I know of no way to correlate a tag number to someone's address without being in law enforcement.

Remember years ago there was a 45 a few people had spotted running around town. One had a nephew who was a city cop. He ran the plate and got the address of the owner for his uncle. This was years before the internet. Today nothing is ever hacked right? We have no option not to have our license plate available to anyone who sees it on the road. But doesn't hurt to error on the side of caution and not post it on the internet for everyone who looks see it. My vehicles are parked in a garage or behind a fence. Doubt I would ever have a problem but this way I'll never have to say never thought it could happen to me.

Brought “Chester” out of storage. Tires needed a little air then the mighty 2F roared to life and we were off. Sure is nice to have a pig in the garage again. A bath is in order tomorrow.

I know of no way to correlate a tag number to someone's address without being in law enforcement.
You can go into just any place of business and give your name and they will punch it up on their computer the read off your address.
Phone books had just about everyone name and address in them.
You can't hide.
In the 80's I moved out in the desert miles from everything.
No electricity no phone.
Gave directions to friends and they couldn't find me.
Started building my house and within the first month a carload of Jehovah witnesses showed up and then a few days later the tax accessor.

Going after leaks in the front! Sure seems like the timing gear cover could be flatter... is it common for them to be a bit "scalloped" between the bolt holes? Not the best picture... We got the cam gear to about 225 deg F and it slid right off! Now to un-stake the screws and get the plate off.

20230422_193620[1].jpg
20230422_160904[1].jpg
20230422_162034[1].jpg

So close on wrapping up the 60 series knuckle/disc brake swap on the '73 FJ40. About a year and half ago I bought a set of used birfields and since the seller had several with differing lengths I went with the longer ones. Turns out that to use these birfs I'll need unicorn long body locking hubs. I have a source for known FJ60 birfs that I will be swapping out for these longer stub birfs. It's not the parts swapping I'm dreading but dealing with the grease.

View attachment 3304730View attachment 3304731

Long Body Locking Hubs for Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ45 FJ55 FZJ80 - Set of 2 - https://www.cityracerllc.com/products/long-body-locking-hub-for-land-cruiser-fj40-fj45-fj55-fzj80-set-of-2?variant=40420853481639 @cruiserinsanity pointed out that City Racer has these available. Looks like the easiest route for wrapping up this swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom