What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gave the 40 some exercise by driving it over to the local Toyota dealer. I was told they had something cool in their showroom….

03F671E3-EF08-499C-9AD1-D1DCB6FD46C6.jpeg

DBA67079-22B8-4484-BAC8-DE78B057C91B.jpeg

02038BB3-2DF4-4C1E-925E-258A6164E577.jpeg

A2515DB9-6EF4-40F1-95F4-A7BEACBEFB68.jpeg

See a few things that were not FJ25 from the front and sides. The back was a huge disappointment.
are the hood windshield bump stops correct? I thought those were for later 1960s fj40s. the windsheild rear view mirror should be more like the style I have smaller and rectangular. still really cool to see a restored fj25. I have never seen one in person.

are the hood windshield bump stops correct? I thought those were for later 1960s fj40s. the windsheild rear view mirror should be more like the style I have smaller and rectangular. still really cool to see a restored fj25. I have never seen one in person.

Hood padded are 69 to 74. 68 had one level that was taller. All previous years was shorter. Until the mid sixties only soft top models had the hood and pads for the windshield. Nice it has the correct bumper and grill. Wheel unfortunately are for a FJ40 not the correct 16" FJ25 wheels. The back is a disgrace. Spare tire mounted to the passenger side. Reflectors on the back was port added US made. There are three different size round tail lights used on the FJ40. This is the last size used which is the largest. The FJ25 uses tail lights the size of the front bib lights with a red lens. They mount with a bracket to the bottom of the tub. 61-63 FJ40 used the same small size but mounted to the rear frame member. License plate mounted to the left corner not the tailgate. Also a completely different mounting bracket. Have never seen a restored in a museum or dealer with the correct bracket. I used to have four FJ25 FSTs at one time. Down to one which has a few of the rare goodies like the correct aprons with a air intake on the left one, FJ25 only rear jump seats. Also the large gas cap used on the FJ25 and 61 FJ40. Plenty of other things can see wrong in those few pictures. That showing nothing of the inside.

Not sure now if that's an original front bumper or not. I know they only had two bolts pre side on top. Plus the top plate did not have that bolt in front of the hooks. This was my most original FJ25 I bought as a parts vehicle just never bring myself to remove parts from. Can see the holes in the front of the stock bumper that the one at did does not have.
IMG_20190326_163416526.jpg

This also had the correct vacuum wipers not the 68-74 style electric wipers.
This is my last remaining FJ25.
20220410_121615.jpg

Keep the chrome head light ring and grill bars stored inside. Those are the best I've ever seen. Sadly has 68-74 wipers. Have sold all my vacuum wipers but will switch this one out to TNK individual motors from the 61-67 FJ40 before I sell it. Have a 68, 70 and 73 FJ40 so can't have too many spares

Stacking parts again. Holy wow OEM rubber is expensive. It adds up fast when you’re replacing all of it including window seals but that seal for the hard top is a thing. It must be infused with diamond dust and unicorn musk for what they charge. The new engine mounts make me happy. One of the fronts was broken and they were all compressed, oil soaked and rock hard. Mind, wife and wallet are starting to accept that this is basically a ‘new build’ and there will be more new parts than refurbished parts when it’s over.

5CC3D309-0A1A-4EAE-B080-BE3A1020E2CC.jpeg
65CD56EE-774F-4E42-A56F-BEA664AFF0E9.jpeg
D8643A5B-960C-4DC1-A615-55059ABFA433.jpeg

Used some of my Christmas bonus to buy a $pendy battery for the 40. Hope it's as good as they say, I have bought whole cars for less than this thing costs! 😃

View attachment 3190097
I'm a fan of the Odyssey batteries. They hold up with minimal maintenance charging needed. I'll put one in my 40 when it needs a new battery.

Didn't think this would ever happen and about a week ago I was looking to see how much shipping would be on the Real Steel bow kit. My Craigslist search alerts have been running for around 5 years and never alerted on soft top bows until a few days ago. Super lucky/thankful to get this factory soft top bow set for my 72 FST with bonus front seats in really good condition. I forgot to ask the seller if he's on mud, if he is and sees this, thanks again.

View attachment 3184634
Wow! I would kill for factory bows

Used some of my Christmas bonus to buy a $pendy battery for the 40. Hope it's as good as they say, I have bought whole cars for less than this thing costs! 😃

View attachment 3190097
bought one for my bike and I thought it was expensive. It survived a trip to South America, including falling in the ocean when our boat capsized, didn’t even have to charge it after. Since then I only buy this battery brand, it hasn’t let me down. I think the same battery is sold and packaged with various brand names though.

They really don’t trust the E-brake. Two wheels chocked and chain to the rear shackle.

Maybe the chain is a theft deterrent… not actually much of a deterrent… but most people are honest. 🤷‍♂️

I can't say that I blame them, with all the lawsuits these days.

I can't say that I blame them, with all the lawsuits these days.

Neither do I!

I suppose the two wheel chocks could be removed… not to mention if someone hopped in, released the E-brake, and pushed in the clutch.

Or tried to take it out for a test drive.

That said a cruiser could likely snap that chain or pull out whatever it’s attached to. It looks like a bicycle chain compared to the 7000 lb working load chain I usually use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom