What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (69 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They really don’t trust the E-brake. Two wheels chocked and chain to the rear shackle.

Maybe the chain is a theft deterrent… not actually much of a deterrent… but most people are honest. 🤷‍♂️

If this FJ25 still has the original transmission and transfer case the hand brake is a joke. Instead of a brake drum with shoes it has a round disc on the back of the transmission tailshaft with a strap. Strap is fixed on one end had brake lever attached to the other end of strap.

The original transmission is a four speed. A 5.4:1 first gear. First and second gears do not have synchros. Gears are straight cut. The transfer case is only 2WD and 4WD. No long range or neutral. The PTO attaches to the side of the transmission. Transmission is in neutral when operating the PTO. So no gear options. The RPM of the engine is the only way to speed up or slow down the winch. Two direction PTO which is the only way to change the direction of the cable. Put the transmission in gear while operating the winch good chance something will break.

As primitive as the original FJ25 is sure fun to drive. Most likely only way it would get stolen would be towed away not driven.

Snow drive

1FB8C2CB-A673-4C3D-817A-6AD1AB6A081D.jpeg
EE82FDFB-C503-4CE1-A23F-8779502F8E18.jpeg

Christmas tree from the mountains with the family.
2A68779E-49D1-4E4E-86DD-64F93F20E368.jpeg
BDC5E027-A3E9-4C4B-8250-7A1B7A8CE440.jpeg
7068BFE0-369D-4BD7-B597-0899FA7F5ED8.jpeg

Ive been enjoying working on small projects since its my DD. A lot of little things I've been putting off for years....
The color on these came out great, but it feels like it's gonna come off easy without a clear coat. But its s***ty duplicolor I don't want to put much more effort into it. I want to use something better later.

20221213_134041.jpg

20221212_153247.jpg

Ive been enjoying working on small projects since its my DD. A lot of little things I've been putting off for years....
The color on these came out great, but it feels like it's gonna come off easy without a clear coat. But its s***ty duplicolor I don't want to put much more effort into it. I want to use something better later.

View attachment 3192921

View attachment 3192922
I'd give this a try. I may order a can of each myself.

View attachment 3192921

View attachment 3192922
Good evening, can you provide details on the auxiliary fuse box in the glove box? I just added one on the engine bay so this peaked my curiosity.

View attachment 3192921

View attachment 3192922

Personally, I've had tremendously good luck with Duplicolor. What color is that silver? Or better yet, what's the color code?

many thanks, i went with this under the hood Amazon product ASIN B07W8MVNSJ
Oh thats cool! Looks easy and I like that it has ground posts and lights that shows blown fuses. I got this one years ago, I liked how it has ignition hot with the relay and constant hot + "weather sealed" and got the light up fuses. But for 12$ super cool option. I'm still trying to finalize how I want to ground...

Wow, I’ve got those STA’s on both my early cruisers, they’ve nearly doubled in price in 2-yrs 😳.

If I'm not mistaken, STA tyres are still made in the USA (which is great!), that means no extra cost for container shipping from the Far East, import taxes etc. This is sad with the prices and, hélas, a global phenomenon...

They are doubled in price in September
Like everything else, literally. They must pick and choose items to base the CPI to get 7% inflation. Most things I am buying are 30-80% more.

Oh thats cool! Looks easy and I like that it has ground posts and lights that shows blown fuses. I got this one years ago, I liked how it has ignition hot with the relay and constant hot + "weather sealed" and got the light up fuses. But for 12$ super cool option. I'm still trying to finalize how I want to ground...
i incorporated a relay on mine, i will try and send a pic later of my set up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom