What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (121 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Best mod you you can do... bought one! BJ42. So happy to have another 40. Didn’t think I liked the mustard but it’s slowly growing on me.

DA945C59-48CC-4C2A-8AD4-B6849F57BE6F.jpeg

11707CEE-3F7E-4814-8376-B2E934D755C6.png

309BB61E-5D45-44D1-8191-6BF4BBFF1CB5.png

Nice one, that thread is great! Definitely convinced me to keep it this colour.
If I had your truck I’d not change one thing... well except for p/s... an 80 series booster... but not the colour. :D

Im also fond of the no-draft window and kick out window combo. What market is it from? The US market doors of that year don’t normally have those no-draft windows.

The steering wheel is also on the wrong side... Australia?

Last edited:
Looks like an Aussie spec truck to me

hey now " My Mistress " is Mustard too ...........

and shes HOT HOT HOT !

DSCN6583.JPG
DSCN6587.JPG
DSCN6589.JPG
DSCN6594.JPG
DSCN6663.JPG

If I had your truck I’d not change one thing... well except for p/s... an 80 series booster... but not the colour. :D

Im also fond of the no-draft window and kick out window combo. What market is it from? The US market doors of that year don’t normally have those no-draft windows.

The steering wheel is also on the wrong side... Australia?

Looks like an Aussie spec truck to me

Yep that’s right, Aussie truck. I had a 1978 which didn’t have the extra panel on the front windows, so I’m guessing they came in the 80’s versions here down under.

Thanks Bill that would be nice.
I partially bolted my frame together and got the rough measurements.
If you can confirm the difference between front and middel (A and B pillar), should be 860mm according to FSM.
And the main one is left to right on the front tub mount, FSM says 1118mm but I measure 1192mm Give or take 2mm.
View attachment 2542041
Hi Michael, I got a chance to go out this morning and try to take the measurements. Keep in mind that I'm using a tape measure in inches and converting that to mm, so there is room for some error.
1. the center of B pillar mount across to the opposite B pillar mount is 1230.3mm (my FSM says 1230mm).
2. center A pillar to center B bill (same side) is 848mm (my FSM indicates 860mm) so I'll remeasure this one.
3. A pillar to A pillar I get 1194mm. There's significant room for error in this one because of the transmission hump being in the way. That said I believe the FSM diagram value of 1118 is a typo, because the conversion table doesn't show that value, only 1188mm, and I don't see that value anywhere else on the diagram.

I'll double check my measurements, and repost if necessary.

Hi Michael, I remeasured A->A a bit more carefully and got 1184.3mm, which is close enough to 1188 that I'm sure the revised value of 1188 is likely correct.

I made a nice trade with my mud buddy @cims1970fj40

he needs to have a period correct service spec pig tail

adapter from his dizzy to his igniter as part of his build

so i spec.d OEM Red and White period correct leeds , 16Ga , and also my Trust Off White , TAN Fire Proof High Heat wire Loom

ALL NOS YAZAKI parts in correct OEM Green , for ignition , if any body cares white connectors or natural stand for Illumination ,

Blue or Black are for wiper circuit .....

but oem green always ignition and engine bay there also most UV rated .

View attachment 2501625

View attachment 2501626View attachment 2501627View attachment 2501624
Installed my distributor today. @ToyotaMatt supplied the pigtail and @4Cruisers did his magic touches on my distributor. Thanks for the service provided from both parties.

40B912A4-2C04-42BD-B8D6-E5BDE9761561.jpeg

I'm in low range, reverse gear, kinda steep, firewood cutting area dirt track ended, then, I see what I thought was an elk in my rear view. I turned my head, and centered in the blind spot of the ambulance doors, is a several point mule deer buck looking into the back of the Cruiser.

IMG_9168.JPG

As soon as I get the lens cap removed, it is gone.

IMG_9183.JPG

IMG_9166.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom