What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there anyone with a 79+ frame with the tub off that can give me the distances, straight line and diagonally, for the body mounting points? Or measured from the bottom of the tub. The FSM only gives the measurements from the pre 79 frames.
My frame is completely disassembled and I don’t want to assemble it just for the measurements.
thanks in advance.

Is there anyone with a 79+ frame with the tub off that can give me the distances, straight line and diagonally, for the body mounting points? Or measured from the bottom of the tub. The FSM only gives the measurements from the pre 79 frames.
My frame is completely disassembled and I don’t want to assemble it just for the measurements.
thanks in advance.
I have my rolling chassis in the garage, with an '81 frame unfortunately piled high with stuff. If you can tell me explicitly what you're after, I will try to do it for you.

I have my rolling chassis in the garage, with an '81 frame unfortunately piled high with stuff. If you can tell me explicitly what you're after, I will try to do it for you.
Thanks Bill that would be nice.
I partially bolted my frame together and got the rough measurements.
If you can confirm the difference between front and middel (A and B pillar), should be 860mm according to FSM.
And the main one is left to right on the front tub mount, FSM says 1118mm but I measure 1192mm Give or take 2mm.
863E1D36-7EA2-4994-9DE9-0EB875727C5F.jpeg

Been after it for a few weeks. What started as a coolant drip that I wanted to address, turned into a let’s address all the engine drips and oil consumption. Replaced the water pump, and valve stem seals(used the rope trick and spring compression tool). Everything removed got a fresh coat of paint. Up next is to replace the oil pan gasket, timing gear cover seal and gasket, and probably the valve cover gasket too. Need to do a valve job. Button up the cooling system and get back on the road. Anyways, I’m at the turn around point so I thought I post a little something.
E37788C4-31AA-421B-B6E2-0E945535216D.jpeg
0D092466-212A-4C29-8D2F-6570AD6223BC.jpeg
A59ABD00-FDA9-4DDF-8270-C70BE9660C45.jpeg
CE272D48-2B62-4293-B8B8-C7CCA558FF20.jpeg

About a year of use, and the rehab 2F is either making carbon, or moving carbon. Number Four fouled. 1 mm plug gap, coil and igniter with points. Dwell was checked when the new distributor was installed.

View attachment 2541025
For a year that’s not bad, in ‘92 had got so #4 would sometimes need to be pulled once a week to knock the carbon off. I found MSD, a massive Accel coil, and upgraded plug wires reduced how frequently the plug needed to be decarboned.

A flock of turkey that were on the edge of the road ran like their asses were on fire as I approached them :steer:

Every once in while, there is SOMETHING on the road, that we can drive faster than!

“They” say an inner axle seal is the same dimensions as the steering box sector shaft seal.

food for thought
Got the sector shaft seal from local Toyota dealer...a little steep at $15 but what are you gonna do. They didn't haver the o-ring for the top (where steering shaft comes out) or either of the gaskets. Anyone use a diff o-ring on top? I've searched for days now and can't find anything except for 72 and later seal and gaskets.

Been after it for a few weeks. What started as a coolant drip that I wanted to address, turned into a let’s address all the engine drips and oil consumption. Replaced the water pump, and valve stem seals(used the rope trick and spring compression tool). Everything removed got a fresh coat of paint. Up next is to replace the oil pan gasket, timing gear cover seal and gasket, and probably the valve cover gasket too. Need to do a valve job. Button up the cooling system and get back on the road. Anyways, I’m at the turn around point so I thought I post a little something.
View attachment 2542174View attachment 2542175View attachment 2542177View attachment 2542176
I just finished up a full rebuild on my F engine. To avoid any oil leaks I got a tube of Toyota Seal Packing 103 from @ToyotaMatt.
I highly recommend it. One tube was enough for the oil pan, lifter cover and timing cover. I used some Permatex for the coolant covers.
It is a delight to have a dry, clean engine now.
Be sure to get a good gasket for your oil pan plug. Mine is new but I had to torque it to about 100 ft-lbs to stop it from dripping!

I just finished up a full rebuild on my F engine. To avoid any oil leaks I got a tube of Toyota Seal Packing 103 from @ToyotaMatt.
I highly recommend it. One tube was enough for the oil pan, lifter cover and timing cover. I used some Permatex for the coolant covers.
Be sure to get a good gasket for your oil pan plug. Mine is new but I had to torque it to about 100 ft-lbs to stop it from dripping!
100 ft-lbs? at such torque you don't need any gasket.. :) you are probably mean 100 in-lbs?

Received a Christmas gift in the mail today from Ohio!

20210102_170053.jpg

i Revived part # 69005-90320 , and added a NOS cherry on top , instead of a dismal 4 pc TOTAL vehicle Lock set , mine comes with the 5th Lock for the rear Ambulance Door Now standard ...........

this is the 1/79-84 glow plug feature kit

next up is the 5pc set for the 12/78 and older crowd ..........with a flip down fuel door , OEM Lock cylinder matching key included too and a ambulance door lock so 1/75-12/78 .............

why have only 4 locks ? screw that 5 pc set is FLY and Hip ............in 2021

1609632737020.png

glow 1 - Copy.jpg

Here is the 1/75-12/78 lomg since DICS. / NLA well .......................till right NOW , i just brought that needed part # back fro the Dead !

for example @samatulich 's rig applies to this 69005-90386

DSCN5688.JPG
DSCN5689.JPG
DSCN5691.JPG

Last edited:
I have a tube from Matt. Plan on using it as you stated. I retorqued the side cover this afternoon. It was replaced 11K miles ago, I got to think its still good. Those bolts all needed a half turn or more to get the 35 inch/pounds. I believe I have a new oil pans drain plug and gasket. I plan on installing it before filling with oil.

Forgive my ignorance - I do not recognize them. What part are they for?
Headlight adjustment grommets and screws.

Went for a short off road adventure. I took my neighbor and his kids who had never been off road before. They loved it... until I popped the coil (original FJ60) and ended the fun for the day.

B4238153-4E30-4365-835B-2579DE52A67B.jpeg

A87D0233-6AF3-41C9-9BBD-7EBC3CF3AE67.jpeg

D25C78A6-1E69-4049-ACF0-F52E0C90218D.jpeg

Headlight adjustment grommets and screws.
I didn’t know OEM were still available so I filled the holes square and used generic ‘Help replacement’ parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom