What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (29 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Used my kid's white crayon to spruce up my pull knobs.

IMG_4458.jpeg

Let us have it blow by blow. Some will be able to learn and others dream.

Yes, please do as I am waiting on a quote to build a much needed shop as well.

Yes, please do as I am waiting on a quote to build a much needed shop as well.

did some checking before I bought the place we are moving into now.

For a 60x40 building 6” slab, metal framing, metal skin, 4 garage doors, not insulated, and two man entry doors, 12’ high walls cost about $50-60k in DFW.

if I was building on I would look into below because it is insulated panels. Much better than sheet panels with closed cell foam spray which is messy.

@Michael B , I had a 50 x 30' metal building built on-site, 12' walls, 6" slab w/ lots of deeper piers, metal framing, metal skin, 1" spray foam insulation, two 10'x10' bay doors, two man doors, a fair number of windows, and it was $42,000 3-1/2 years ago. Might be more now? Photos/build thread here: Building a new house and shop

Thanks for the input guys! I’m looking at a 40’ x 48’ with a mezzanine, one double wide garage door 8’ talk and one walk through door. I drew this up for the builder to work from.

08DD65ED-A7EE-4F12-81F6-72AF35CDF86B.jpeg
E56D441B-E210-4466-B06B-C54B94260004.jpeg

Michael, if you can add more doors do so. Especially opposite each other across the length of your barn. Cross wind Ventilation is key. My old barn has only one roll up on the end of a 30x60 barn. It was miserable in the TX heat. School of hard knocks for my boys. They can be smaller and serve as “windows” when you are working.

Let us have it blow by blow. Some will be able to learn and others dream.
I quoted with multiple General contractors and got quotes from $29/sq foot to $45/sq ft for the pad prep/concrete/insulated building.

I ended up being my own contractor and coordinated with my subcontractors myself.

Finish out Is what you make it and fancy doors/automatic openers/ windows etc will jack the price up quick.

time will tell how close I stay to budget but I’m hoping to keep it around $25/sqfoot for the concrete/insulated shell and roof.

the space will have a bathroom/kitchen and man cave space which could easily get expensive. With the shell done, I can spread that stuff out over time. One contractor quoted me ‘turn-key’ with essentially a one bedroom condo for $51/sqft.

hill country Texas. Your region may vary.

the space will have a bathroom/kitchen and man cave space which could easily get expensive. With the shell done, I can spread that stuff out over time. One contractor quoted me ‘turn-key’ with essentially a one bedroom condo for $51/sqft.
I built a bathroom in my new 28 X 32 garage/shop in Clark County, NV and was charged (IIRC) a one-time $1,500 sewer connection fee, even though I did all the work myself, including the tie-in to the existing sewer line on my property.

I served as the general contractor - I hired one of my co-worker's brothers to build the slab sub-grade, did my own trenching/formwork/rebar for the perimeter footing and slab, hired another co-worker's concrete crew to pour the slab, installed my own plumbing and electrical, hired a garage door company, and epoxy coated the floor myself. I had Tuff Shed build the garage. Total cost in ~2007, including rental equipment, tools, materials and supplies, building/sewer permits/fees - about $28,000. It has an 8 x 18 garage door with opener, two 4 x 5 windows, a man door, 80-gallon two-stage air compressor, and 100 amp service panel. No kitchen, though :confused:. Also no heater/AC and no insulation :confused::confused:.

Michael, if you can add more doors do so. Especially opposite each other across the length of your barn. Cross wind Ventilation is key. My old barn has only one roll up on the end of a 30x60 barn. It was miserable in the TX heat. School of hard knocks for my boys. They can be smaller and serve as “windows” when you are working.

CD the windows will open for ventilation. I don’t want more doors for 3 reasons. First is expense, second is I don’t want to give up the wall space and third is security. The building will back up to some unimproved property that I can’t view from my house.

@BRShap - Total cost was $535. Would have been $500, but he charged $35 extra for the headrests.

:censor:
That's a GREAT price........Very tired of getting RIPPED OFF for work in CA that costs 1/3 the price in other parts of the country. Same seats - same work 3 times more and I shopped around.
All 4 of my seats and the headliner - $3200 and I didn't even get dinner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom