What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (74 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Michael B , I had a 50 x 30' metal building built on-site, 12' walls, 6" slab w/ lots of deeper piers, metal framing, metal skin, 1" spray foam insulation, two 10'x10' bay doors, two man doors, a fair number of windows, and it was $42,000 3-1/2 years ago. Might be more now? Photos/build thread here: Building a new house and shop

We are meeting with a builder in Idaho on Tuesday and my wife wants me to have a shop if we move - (looking to get out of CA...) so I'll be asking about a 20x40 or 30x40 shop. They quoted us $175 sq ft for the house build so far.

Last edited:
Cut and fitted topper today. Put some seal sealer, hardware back on and figure out some latches under neath next week. I'm ready for cooler weather and some camping trips been too long.
20200808_195623.jpg
20200808_195610.jpg
20200808_195558.jpg

Testing the sunset.
That's a great spot on Hyde Park Road for a sunset photo. BTW, if you head just a bit further up the road towards Santa Fe Ski Basin and check out the road cuts on the north side of the road you'll see the shatter cones my youngest son studied along with his UNM geology professor. Huge meteorite impact a really long time ago. The feature went unnoticed for years until finally discovered by a local retired petroleum geologist. That's him in the photo.

1596950212435.png

Here's a detail photo showing the striations in one of the shatter cones:

1596950590448.png

Last edited:
We are meeting with a builder in Idaho on Tuesday and my wife wants me to have a shop finally - (might move out of CA finally) so I'll be asking about a 20x40 or 30x40 shop. They quoted us $175 sq ft for the house build so far.

I’m having a 30x24 built right now and paid $45 sq ft with a 6” cement slab with rebar. 10’ 9” doors, 220 outlets and power for garage doors and stuff. I didn’t like the price that much but apparently COVID made Virginia rich.

Well crap guys, I'm just looking for a small storage shed ,like 12x20 to put my mower in!

I’m having a 30x24 built right now and paid $45 sq ft with a 6” cement slab with rebar. 10’ 9” doors, 220 outlets and power for garage doors and stuff. I didn’t like the price that much but apparently COVID made Virginia rich.
Insulated?

This week, I took part of this.
IMG_7273.JPG

Along with a few others, did a little of this.
IMG_7293.JPG

And saw a few other really cool 40's and about 30 other various Land Cruisers.
IMG_7447.JPG

IMG_7454.JPG

All while making memories for a lifetime. :hillbilly:

Looks like a great time, Rick. How’d the sniper do?

Sniper did well. However, I had to get used to the loss of power due to altitude. Other than that, no problems.

The really only issue was on my way back, but wasn't my Sniper. About a mile from the top of Monarch Pass, my sniper screen threw some high AFR's red codes and shut off. A quick call to @FJ60Cam, he diagnosed the issue. Clogged fuel filter, so I changed both on the side of the road. After covering my arms with fuel, I stopped at the top to clean myself up, then proceeded to hauled a$$ to Trinidad, CO for the evening.

Conex shed

It has crossed my mind.

I'm thinking about a couple of stick built sheds, one for stuff, another for firewood.

Not to either of my FJ40s, but for another MUD member's FJ40. I refurbished a '75 2F vacuum retard points distributor and converted it to vacuum advance. I used a new NipponDenso advancer with an almost identical vacuum advance curve as the '77 2F distributors. And I added a new NipponDenso external condenser so it can be run with the coil alone, bypassing the igniter. Other new Toyota/NipponDenso parts include:

- mechanical advance weights with Teflon sleeves
- ignition points
- points damper
- points shield
- rotor
- cap
- miscellaneous hardware

Next on tap to refurbish, a '77 2F distributor.

'75-2F-Distributor-1.jpg

'75-2F-Distributor-2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom