What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cleaned up more of a po's sketchy wiring. Good thing was that all the electrical works so I don't have to trouble shoot that.
20200426_101335_HDR.jpg
20200426_103640_HDR.jpg
20200426_103945_HDR.jpg
20200426_104253_HDR.jpg

Dropped transmission and transfer case, removed clutch, pressure plate and flywheel. Removed oil pan. Loosened rear main cap and replaced the POS leaking rear main seal. Also took the opportunity to replace the oil pump, clutch, pressure plate. I'm tired.

Last edited:
I needed to clean up my FJ40. So, at the end of April here in Georgia, I made it SNOW.....With my Snow Cannon, shot some Honeydew Snow Foam all over that sucker!

IMG_6892.JPG

IMG_6890.JPG

IMG_6888.JPG

The results:
IMG_6897.JPG

IMG_6895.JPG

Ole Beast got some fresh Procar Pro 90 seats.

View attachment 2286879
I put a set of those in my 75 and was absolutely pleased with the price, quality and the comfort, great price-point for what you get. Highly considered them again for my 78 but it's 95% original and decided to have the stock interior redone instead.

Last edited:
HFS shackles, Bilsteins. Shakedown cruise on the Rim Road, FR300. Had the spare radiator patched.
I am also a big fan of FR300, how was it back there, any pics!

65SWB45
Is either of those original color? Ruftoys looks very close to what mine should be originally.

After all that work to replace the rear main seal, even before I get it all back together, it starts to run like crap - no power off idle. Spent a few hours making sure the timing was correct. Sure enough, the TPS is bad. At least it isn't leaking oil on my driveway any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom