What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took a trip to central coast CA and got my new Hanna Quality sliders fab'd up. Now to paint. Thank Ken!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Used her to haul about 1200lbs of quickrete and 4" posts for my deck project. Other than low riding, she never missed a beat.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1424709042.157929.jpg

Last pic wouldn't load

This would be a good time to gusset the knuckle balls to the housing itself since the this truck is now on the extreme end of the 80 series wheeling spectrum.

This would be a good time to gusset the knuckle balls to the housing itself since the this truck is now on the extreme end of the 80 series wheeling spectrum.

Do they make a gusset for the 80s knuckle? I know I've seen them for the mini knuckles. Also, because of the panhard bracket I wouldn't be able to gusset it on top, would have to be on the sides - or underneath.

I think either China-Gear or Marlin might make ones that could be applicable... Or you could make your own. I would also try Dan Fredrickson at Ruff Stuff.

Jealous! Always wanted to do that trip.
And yet we talked quit a bit about Moab and how far it is from Central Texas. Enjoy it while you can.

Great looking truck! What color and type of paint/liner did you use? That is the exact color I am going to Monstaline my 80 this spring.
Than k you! I recall years ago when I painted her with a two stage epoxy tan I got fugly from a lot of folks here. she is now khaki. I guess it took two wars for desert tan, khaki or coyote brown colors to become popular. I have always loved the desert and all associated colors.

Ya...it'd fit right in with all those cool khaki 70 Series in the ISIS propaganda videos..:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom