What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (28 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Played around Slick Rock with a bunch of locals!

DBF6521A-17A4-42B5-8FB3-994C8E8A8433.jpeg

EB068F93-100B-4621-8960-DCBCE6D09218.jpeg

097DC32C-069B-4435-BCC2-651F5D41FC86.jpeg

B785BEF3-7C4F-4EE8-BC36-5E52E4F6B98F.jpeg

9DF5D05D-0374-4498-A46A-14EF3DEDEB70.jpeg

Are you on IG? That's where most of us chat and planned out this trip.

Just put your rear tire over it! But yeah it's a tight corner and that rock loves to catch your diff from all angles. It's a lot more chewed up now. This was last year going downhill

I do not have IG. :(

Agreed it was a lot more chewed up this year. Not sure I can get over that with my 35's LOL. well done sir!

These still available from overseas? Got part numbers ? Looks good

Yes they are. Only issue you will find is the rear most does not have the cut out for the running light.

Try Dave at Japan4x4.

Cheers

I do not have IG. :(

Agreed it was a lot more chewed up this year. Not sure I can get over that with my 35's LOL. well done sir!
I was on 35s and went up the gauntlet with out issues

It does have a slight miss. The injectors were cleaned by a local Cruiser mechanic when he replaced the wire harness.

When you say leaking injector what do you mean?

There are times where it idles like there is a vacuum leak, but I think I found the issue related to that the oil cap was not screwed down tightly.

A leaking injector would allow fuel into the port/cylinder even when it is not supposed to, causing a rich cylinder. A vacuum leak would cause lean cylinder(s) so not likely to cause those numbers. If the printout has any of the other numbers like O2, CO2, or NOX, they can be entered into a Lambda Calculator to show just how rich (or lean) an engine is running. Do you have the tools to run a compression check?

A leaking injector would allow fuel into the port/cylinder even when it is not supposed to, causing a rich cylinder. A vacuum leak would cause lean cylinder(s) so not likely to cause those numbers. If the printout has any of the other numbers like O2, CO2, or NOX, they can be entered into a Lambda Calculator to show just how rich (or lean) an engine is running. Do you have the tools to run a compression check?

I do not but I can probably borrow them from my boss. He at one point ran a garage in Tucson.

That is an insufficient EGR flow code, I'd be looking at that system, not the cats to start with.
I guess I should also post all the info, I was also getting a 0420 in conjunction. Thanks for the input. Also tested vsv and egr per FSM and replaced a ton of vacuum lines before getting to this point.

Last edited:
Went and shot my .300 win mag one last time before the elk hunt next weekend.

View attachment 3129697
View attachment 3129698

3 shots at 400 yards
3 shots at 500 yards

Target is a 6" circle

My buddy bailed on the hunt so I will be rolling solo for 9 days. Without a spotter 500 yards will be my max hunting shot but I am confident in the rifle, my hand loads, and my shooting ability out to 500.
Do you use a wind meter? Check out the Kestral 1000!

Do you use a wind meter? Check out the Kestral 1000!
Nah, I'm not that hard-core into the long distance shooting thing. The stronger the wind the less distance I will be willing to shoot at an animal.

With my 210 gr bullets with a bc of .64 I can shoot out to 400 yards in heavy wind and still be in an 8" circel.

Nah, I'm not that hard-core into the long distance shooting thing. The stronger the wind the less distance I will be willing to shoot at an animal.

With my 210 gr bullets with a bc of .64 I can shoot out to 400 yards in heavy wind and still be in an 8" circel.
I like to use one when shooting long distance at the range but I don't carry one when hunting. You can only carry so much stuff. If the wind is high, and the shot is long I simply pass or try to get closer. I'll shoot 300 yards in low wind but any further and I'll probably pass. I only shoot a 154 grain bullet from a 7MM mag. It is a very fast round buy not very heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom