What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (78 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey, did you DIY a longer tube to reach all the way down to the trans pan? The stock one I got with my Mittyvac is way too short, and I don't see any reasonably cheap alternatives. Thanks!
Mine came with two hoses and some adapters. one hose is 3/8" and the other is 1/4" The adapter allows me to attach the 3 foot length of 1/4" to the 3 foot section of 3/8". The 1/4" is thin and long enough to reach all the way down to the bottom of the pan. I can get most of the 3 feet into the dipstick tube.

Added stink bug back. 30mm MAF spacer on top of the rear 2863s. That 33 inch tire hanging beyond the bumper and 6 gallons of fuel really like to point you to the sky.

That’s funny, I just added some 30mm spacers to get the rear to match my front height. Turns out I’m yielding more then 3” out of my springs up front.

I am looking at the Nitro Gun Drilled axles. If you go to the Nitros page and you goto the 3rd picture you can see the zirk fitting in the end of the axle. I looked at RCV but couldn't find anything similar to the Nitro axles.
RCV 300m for the front has the zerk fittings too - mine did before i removed the zerk fitting for clearance. Its just not pictured or called out in their details.

I think it's called 2", but it's more than that light. I'm planning on a front bumper & winch plus 33" tires. The Dobies are C59-222V and C59-223V from:
Dobinsons Spring & Suspension USA
10307 NW 62nd St
Doral, FL 33178 USA

305-424-8353
Got a quote from them I'm doing the same thing looks great

RCV 300m for the front has the zerk fittings too - mine did before i removed the zerk fitting for clearance. Its just not pictured or called out in their details.

Those are nice but the Nitro axles are $300 less. The difference could be in the material. Do you know if RCV does a MIL/LEO discount?

Got to test out the new rig in the hills this weekend, good times.

E144A137-361C-4815-A054-8509EC12F5E3.jpeg

That’s funny, I just added some 30mm spacers to get the rear to match my front height. Turns out I’m yielding more then 3” out of my springs up front.
I have 2850J and 30mm spacers up front. The winch, bull bar and second battery really weigh it down.

Those are nice but the Nitro axles are $300 less. The difference could be in the material. Do you know if RCV does a MIL/LEO discount?
IDK - Best to call RCV and inquire
$300 is not chump change. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for and supporting US made products when applicable. Depending on your expectations and intended usage, axles are not something you want to save a buck on - kind of like toilet paper, shoes and tires.

Yeah this is an apples to oranges comparison. You are not getting the same product for $300 less, you are getting an inferior product. Please do a search on Nitro rear axles and how many failures there have been. If you want something other than OEM, save your pennies for RCV.

265s to 295s... Lovin' it so far!
I had a hard time searching for comparison pics like this when I was considering what size tires to get. I'm happy with my decision, but now that they're on there, I think I could have easily stuffed some 315s in those wells...

after_rear_springs.jpg

3-11-20_new_tires.jpg

265s to 295s... Lovin' it so far!
I had a hard time searching for comparison pics like this when I was considering what size tires to get. I'm happy with my decision, but now that they're on there, I think I could have easily stuffed some 315s in those wells...

View attachment 2235883
View attachment 2235887

I went from 275's to 315's, works and looks great, with no rubbing...just posted some pix earlier.

I went from 275's to 315's, works and looks great, with no rubbing...just posted some pix earlier.
I saw that, looks great! Mine are the OME "stock height" springs. I was a little scared, since most everyone said 315s would rub, and I live on a bumpy road!

I saw that, looks great! Mine are the OME "stock height" springs. I was a little scared, since most everyone said 315s would rub, and I live on a bumpy road!

I installed a OME 2.5" lift...think for stock, 33's would work with no rubbing and look great too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom