What did you do to your pig today? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just in case you pick up some hot heavy chicks to put in that roof tent!
Having vague memories of this is how you pick out wheel sizes or colors or hubcaps or something? Or maybe just the @J Mack method of wheel selection.

Going on the local Mud and Snow run tomorrow and I went to install my modified Harbor Freight cargo carrier that I had for my 40 and the extra stability bracket I had added on the driver side did not quite make it to the bumper. I had to quickly add another to the passenger side that bolts on to the bumper to take the wiggle out. Nothing like waiting to the last second to see if things fit.

IMG_1998.JPG

IMG_1999.JPG

I drove to church and back. Refilled my back rear tire and worked on the mixture and idle some more.

Yesterday I put a couple hundred miles on it. It drove like crap early when it was cold, but ran great once it warmed up.

I'm wondering how much the lack of carb pre-heat affects this engine.

It drove like crap early when it was cold, but ran great once it warmed up.
I'm wondering how much the lack of carb pre-heat affects this engine.
A lot. Mine NEVER ran right unless the temp was 180. My speculation was the nature of the I-6 intake manifold and poor atomization of colder air/fuel. On the flip side, ran like a spotted ape during the summer.
Makes me wonder about the differences in runnability between a TBI setup and TPI on the I-6. I would guess TPI would have the upper hand, you know, because of the injection at the top of the valve.

Nice sign!

:rofl:

He's going to come looking for it.....

Yep.......It started at the top of driveway. About a 200lb buck, massive blood and fur trail and takedown scene. The next night she (and her cubs/kits) drug it out of the ditch and down our driveway where I cleaned it up. Just checked on it the other day down on that end of our property and the only thing left is some fur and lower extremities......Nothing goes to waste in the mountains, in the winter!

D2E1F947-B6A9-46B4-BA29-52C81A17E279.jpeg
31782112-79A7-476E-8273-4B024DF2D3EB.jpeg
86FF62E5-BDBA-4682-838B-9FB01B86B2EA.jpeg

Figured I'd address that broken door handle right rear. Looked in my spares box, found a plastic piece and an intact spring.
Classic case of using two to make one.
Then i ran around and looked at all the other door springs and sprayed pb blaster on them and thought about getting some new springs...

20220226_100617.jpg

20220226_102202.jpg

20220226_104441.jpg

20220226_105758.jpg

Had to do that to my front passenger door recently. @DoubleNickels has reproduced those springs. You should get a few from him if you haven't already.

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw your post in that thread.

I got my wheels painted and Hub caps mounted . Wait for it ??????
Picture with the 55 will be soon ??? I"m back :clap:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

20220226_142859.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom