What did you do on your 70 series today? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice, what was your method?
Just an orbital and some Maguiars ultimate compound.

F990939F-8F29-40E0-8741-C6ADE22B7FB8.jpeg

Where did you get these flare seals??? They look great. I've been trying to find some this width and have been unsuccessful, mine are too skinny :shifty:.
PartSouq

5385190K0001

Those are the fronts. The rear seals are no longer produced, but I believe they're identical to the front in shape and dimension. Just shorter. I measured my fronts and they are about equal to both of the split rear seals. At least for the 77. So you can get away with 4 front seals to cover all 6 seals.

@c2dfj45 ….. “This one will find a home in a very special build”.
—————————————————————————————-

Well get to it. We need some excitement in the 70 Series section. 😊

@c2dfj45 ….. “This one will find a home in a very special build”.
—————————————————————————————-

Well get to it. We need some excitement in the 70 Series section. 😊
Soon. Hopefully. So much work going on in the shop right now....my stuff is on the back burner :(

Pulled the cluster apart and cleaned all the contacts and electrical bits with contact cleaner gel and spray. My tachometer is now smooth and working.

I also found this gem. Do I have a 400 HP 1HZ tune or is this some gimmick?

8A1F8F43-F100-4F07-876B-C9375231E835.jpeg

are your door limiters popping due to some worn out or missing pins... does the noise drive you to distraction?! find yourself some good old cooter pins in a 6mm diameter and slide those suckers in for a pop-free experience!
13CE62E1-BD67-4FDE-9426-0C0BF1803AAA.jpeg
045C5E1E-480D-4032-B30A-52D2C87059D3.jpeg

find them at the local hardware supply of your choice. i found these in a drawer of hardware at work...

--r

a little corrosion abatement in the engine room.
View attachment 2713308
View attachment 2713309
no photo's from before. just some fasteners cleaned up, throttle bellcrank, spring catches on the air box. worked some of the chalkiness off of the crossover tube and intake plenum.

saving the wiring exploration for another night. might see if i can get the clock working yet tonight. firstly, checking fuses.

Interesting your radiator looks different than my 1HZ rig. did you replace it with something?

Interesting your radiator looks different than my 1HZ rig. did you replace it with something?
i have not. it's the same as when i picked it up last week. this is my first 1hz truck, and the radiator looks stock to me.

appears to be a Toyota radiator, the side brackets have been painted red at some point in it's life, possible that's throwing off the look?

--r

The FTE motor cleaned up really well. The block is really rusty....front cover faded....valve cover is chalky.....couple pieces on the trans rusted(some bolts, spacers). I'm guessing that this motor sat in the sun for a bit at some point....probably was never covered. Not a spec of grease or dirt anywhere on it(before we cleaned it obviously). Really curious about why so much rust on the block and so little paint. Weird.

View attachment 2711357View attachment 2711358View attachment 2711359

Another FTE band wagon … :lol: how quickly these engines spread like a virus…

Well, today it’s not about what I did, but rather what some other piece of s*** did. Pulling some crazy illegal move and clipping me in the process towards speeding off. Couldn’t get a plate number, and no way I could catch up to anything faster than a bicycle.

Anyone got a front LH fender? Ideally west coast. Partsouq has em pretty cheap but the shipping is more than the part.

With the cost of the flares being $$$$$, I’m contemplating just taking them off and selling the remaining three at a discount. I prefer the look without them, and was needing some paint/body work anyways, so I guess I’m glad this happened first.

BA0E4AA2-679D-4C8E-8573-6C8043A088B2.jpeg

8F6F052A-D64B-4E89-A5AA-62F42F0F34E2.jpeg

7A75D911-6098-49A4-BFF4-8CE14D0669F5.jpeg

Bummer. I've got a s***ty stock chrome bumper and a rusty fender...

Put some new mirrors on. Old ones looked okay, but had a vibration that bugged me.
IMG_20210628_122527207.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom