Ultimate Cruisers FZJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hope the rear taillights are temporary...nothing says "Jeep" like those.

I hope the rear taillights are temporary...nothing says "Jeep" like those.

VERY TEMPORARY .... I pulled those off a 40 I did a while back and never threw them out. A rear bumper is a MUST. I can do something made for an 80 but can't seem to find anything I like that isn't 3k. Something custom may be in order. I was thinking of asking the fellow who made that SWEET 80 bumper for MANAFRE.

That's fawkin sweet

Are you going to shorten the steering column? Based on one of your pics, it looks like it's going to place the driver pretty far back.

Are you going to shorten the steering column? Based on one of your pics, it looks like it's going to place the driver pretty far back.

I was able to use the stock 40 steering column, no mods, just had to swap the 40 turn signals for the 80. The 80 steering wheel fits the 40 steering shaft and is the same groove pattern, so it's a direct bolt on, which allows for use of all the original seat brackets/positions from the 40. I know steering shaft groove patterns/steering wheels changed at lest once throughout the production years of the 40. This is a '75. 40 shaft was cut and modified in the engine compartment to mate up with the 80 steering box. Originally wanted to use the column from the 80 but it wasn't angled properly and would have placed the wheel way to low.

Any updates since last post??

I'm about to swap a 3FE into my 40- but this looks much more fun and performance based for the 40 series.

Please post up some progress photos- desperately awaiting more info!

Unfortunately my buddy had to put this project on hold for the next 2.5 years...I don't think you'll be seeing any updates on this project.

anybody knows how much he cut and welded on the middle of the frame ????
thanks !!!

Unfortunately my buddy had to put this project on hold for the next 2.5 years...I don't think you'll be seeing any updates on this project.

so sad .. was nice ..

SERIOUSLY? MOTHBALLED FOR TWO AND HALF YEARS? WHAT A :censor: WASTE!

I'me sorry to hear, would have liked to see where this build was going.

Well, that seriously sucks!

Well, I guess I'm goin to have to do one myself- only I'll use the crew-cab tub from Aqualu.

Was an awesome start, fostered up some good ideas...guess I can thank the builder for that.

2.5 years eh- - - hope it's for a good reason ;)

I'm thinking of doing this in New Zealand. Just crunching the numbers to make sure I don't have to sell my first-born ...

Say its not true!

Do we need to get a collection started to push this build along?

BACK...

Hey All.... The build begins this fall, as... I'm back... (exciting for me atleast) :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom