New 2006 LX in Virginia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Luke111

Supporting Vendor
Threads
DSC00502.JPG
DSC00152.JPG
The progression continues... it started with a 74 FJ55 which was sold. Moved to a 96 FJ80 Slee'd 2UZ which I still own and four days ago this 2006 LX which I have been chasing for the last 8 months became available. I sold this car new to a couple in 2006 and 8 months ago the wife came in and looked at new Lexus but couldn't decide.
Her AHC suspension had just failed and she was looking at $4k repair.. I suggested swapping in OME 2.5 lift which might draw in a larger audience especially from the enthusiast crowd when she did decide to sell it so she did. IPOR pulled out the AHC system and installed OME Med Springs and Torsion bars, front and rear brakes and 275 Nitto Terra Grapplers
I happened to follow up with her 4 days ago and she informed me she had just purchased a Range Rover Sport and was ready to sell her LX.. I didn't even have to think about it.... It's without a doubt my favorite color for the LX and it's also the cleanest 2006 I've ever seen. I'm one of four new car sales managers and I run a sales team out of our service dept which is 5 blocks from our showroom so I see 15 to 20 LX's every week ... nothing comes close and the underside is really clean as she wouldn't drive it in the snow
I need to have the torsion bars adjusted to bring the front up and I ordered the SLEE diff drop, SPC Upper control arms and HID Conversion from RetroFit.

Last edited:
Congrats and a great find. I think that is one of the better colors for the 100.

Very nice LX. Way to stay persistent!

Super nice and my favorite as well. Same one as our latest addition. Best one so far.

My favorite color combo by a mile. I had to snicker to myself though when you said you were only going to put a couple $K into it!

Lou, I'm looking forward to this build. If it's anything like your 80 build, I know it will be fun to watch.

My favorite color combo by a mile. I had to snicker to myself though when you said you were only going to put a couple $K into it!

Hahaha, we'll you know me .. I have serious build issues.... Right know I'm trying to figure out how to get this truck to ride as smooth as my 80 but I don't that's going to happen unless i take it back to stock OEM 100 series components.. Heading down to IPOR on the 17th to try and figure it out... I did get a great deal on 295/70/18 Nitto Terra Grap 2 and my HID conversion has arrived along with OME driver side seat foam as I'm looking for a firmer seat... Project creep has started

Lou, I'm looking forward to this build. If it's anything like your 80 build, I know it will be fun to watch.
i need to keep this pretty mild but time will tell

Yeah, that's what we all say......LOL

Here's one I bought bone stock about 2 months ago.

Still working on it, but this is how she sits today. Now I'm starting on the stuff you can't see but appreciate

Yeah, that's what we all say......LOL

Here's one I bought bone stock about 2 months ago.

Still working on it, but this is how she sits today. Now I'm starting on the stuff you can't see but appreciate

You have bought, sold and modified more Cruiser's in the shortest time of anyone on MUD...

Joe Williams | Facebook

If you can't reach him on FB, message me and I'll get you his number. He's working on bumpers right now for a MUD member in Jackson Hole, Wy

Joe Williams | Facebook

If you can't reach him on FB, message me and I'll get you his number. He's working on bumpers right now for a MUD member in Jackson Hole, Wy

Have skill's will travel... Great pictures of your rig on his FB page

If Lance can't get it to ride the way you want I'd bet it can't be done.

Moving up to a 70 series tire from a 65 will help a little and I'm going to consider the Ironman FoamCell pro shocks...seems like a great shock for the money.. when they are available

I called a fellow Mudder who's local to me regarding tire size for my LX because he has a 100 series and 80 series. I asked him specifically about 295 70/18 tires and to my surprise he had 5 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 with 4000 miles on them sitting in his basement that he was to selling... mounted and balanced today and will have to breakout the heat gun as they just touch while turning

IMG_0263.JPG
IMG_0264.JPG
IMG_0266.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom