Toyota Discontinues TRD Supercharger Program (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Time to buy superchargers for the 100 or 200 series that you might own in the future. Personal use or investment, it makes sense if you have the $$$$($)

There will be no programming support for model year newer than 2015 by the way.

Good money in appliances.

Agreed.

And Toyota historically has been very good at blending those attributes together.

The current strong suit is "boring" however.

Rest assured nobody will. I'd love however to be proven wrong.

X2 .. thousand times .. how many SC ( or any other " expensive " aftermarket gadget ) they are going to sell ?

And among the mass who can really buy one, there is a section of buyers that like " customization " of the " gadget ...

I'm just amazed every single day with the amount of ( some nice and some useless ) stuff J**p folks have .. fenders, lights, suspension etc etc etc .. and all it's mostly bolt on .. !

Don't get me wrong I'm 200% loyal to Cruisers for the rest of my life .. but damn ! big envy !

Well, at least I was able to get the emblem to make it official...

image.jpg

Toyota has historically watched other companies develop products (and fail or have serious problems) then come along and provide a reliable, solid, well built, albeit boring improvement over their competitors. The TRD Supercharger was probably one product they provided that other manufacturers didn't. It was probably the "baby" of a big wig at Toyota who justified it's existence even though it probably wasn't profitable. My guess is that that big wig is no longer around and there is nobody left to justify it. I had one on my Gen III 4Runner and loved it. But I won't shed any tears over it going by the wayside. However, I cry every day when I get in my 92 80 with brown tweed interior and know that Toyota discontinued it. Those bastards! :flipoff2:

BUT, the 5.7 is much more FUN with a S/C. !!!

Probably true but just like the 80 the 200 is not a dragster and the 5.7 is has more than enough power for me. Then again the 80 is somewhat adequate for me also.....at sea level on moderate to flat highways. For off-road it can hang with just about anything.

Last edited:
Was in doubt about if like your post or not .. it is good info .. but bad info at the same time ..

Pretty sure I read an article that the new supra will have a bmw engine.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/great-scott-next-gen-supra-boosted-bmw-engine-supercapacitors-awd/

I really think Toyota has stepped off the deep end. I have had my share of bmws and they all have been unreliable pieces of crap.

Maybe, maybe not. Most newer bmw engines are quite reliable, it's always the stuff around the engine that breaks. Like the wastegate, hpfp, sensors, vanos(usually just dirty).......

But the engine themselves are great, although still skeptical of them matching Toyota's longevity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom